FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post any care guides or tutorials here.

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
ImageImage

I made this thread because i saw that this method works. Don't blame me if you do something wrong. I had a d. burmannii more than 6 months ago in the same state. Almost dead. I don't believe it was recovering very much, due to repotting it 3 times. Not due to the light/media/water. Than i applied the method below once every two weeks. It was the most CP stressed plant i had. The photos tell all.
1. Wait a few months if you want to see if it is recovering and want to save your plant.
2. If the plant has some green in the middle (my plant had made a sort of hibernacula, small leaves could be observed), get a toothpick or a plastic pointy thing and get a clear drop of a liquid made from distilled water + dust made from dried blood worms. The plant doesen't have dew, so the made liquid must be put, but not much, on the center or on a leaf. Check some later on, if the liquid has been absorbed by the plant trough the leaf. The liquid must be almost or so much clearer, so no mold will appear. After a few weeks you will see the changes. The photos are made on 16 days interval between them. The plant is the one in the middle. Click to zoom in and expand to actual size by click in the bottom right in the photo, to see it better.
Help with care for my VFT

You're checking all the boxes, except for the ligh[…]

Goodness, that's quite a difference! I'm pretty […]

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in […]

Pest control question

Hey all. My Sarrs got hit with thrips this Spring […]

I'd like to give her some of these when they're […]

baby sundew found in mu bog pot

I just found these in my bog pot I didn't let any […]

doing research before buying a ping

I'm thinking of buying a p. gigantea but I don't k[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I hav[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!