FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By tdubs
Hello friends,

I've been getting back into Carnivorous plants recently after several years away from the hobby. I had forgotten how fascinating these plants are, and how much I enjoy growing them. Starting small with a goof-proof N. Ventrata, a handful of pings and some drosera. I'm using a small grow tent, an LED, a T5 and some heats mats. After successfully not killing my beginner Nepenthes, I'm ready to level up to some more advanced (but still forgiving) species that would thrive in the grow tent. I'd also like to find some Neps that would enjoy the hot, humid, bug-infested Connecticut summer in the yard alongside the Ventrata, without a lot of system shock transitioning from inside to outside and vice versa.

I'm also looking to get back into VFT and Sarracenia in the springtime....and doing dormancy properly this time so they last longer than a year or two. I believe I'm in Zone 6b.

This seems to be a lively board. I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning some stuff.
By CpKid
Welcome!
I recently got back into carnivorous plants as well! I grow most of my plants in my basement in a mini greenhouse as well.
By javaliz59
Did either of you make your own mini indoor greenhouse? I'm wanting to make one myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By crys331
Hi welcome, I am new to the group as well. Hoping to learn a lot and grow my collection
By CpKid
@javaliz59, Yes, My Mom and Dad helped me make a wood basement greenhouse, its basically a wood frame covered with plastic. Its pretty nice to have an enclosed space to do all my plant stuff in.

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!