FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Looks good bisnicks! I hope it grows well for you. Looks like one of the pitchers may have gotten damaged in the unpacking process, huh?

Don't be afraid to fertilize it gently once a month with a high nitrogen (no urea) fertilizer. Heliamphora seem to love their fertilizer.
By bisnicks
Matt wrote:Looks good bisnicks! I hope it grows well for you. Looks like one of the pitchers may have gotten damaged in the unpacking process, huh?

Don't be afraid to fertilize it gently once a month with a high nitrogen (no urea) fertilizer. Heliamphora seem to love their fertilizer.
I hadn't even noticed I bumped it! I don't think it's too bad, just slightly pushed over. I know they have fairly fragile pitchers though.

Sounds great! Thanks for the fast shipping, healthy plant and great packaging!
By Matt
bisnicks wrote:I hadn't even noticed I bumped it! I don't think it's too bad, just slightly pushed over. I know they have fairly fragile pitchers though.
Yeah, they snap if you breathe on them wrong! I break them frequently when I'm repotting. It's so annoying...
By bisnicks
Matt wrote:
bisnicks wrote:I hadn't even noticed I bumped it! I don't think it's too bad, just slightly pushed over. I know they have fairly fragile pitchers though.
Yeah, they snap if you breathe on them wrong! I break them frequently when I'm repotting. It's so annoying...
I bet!

I like the name tags a lot! Any way to offer them for sale or allow for ordering custom tags?
By Nick_
Matt wrote:Looks good bisnicks! I hope it grows well for you. Looks like one of the pitchers may have gotten damaged in the unpacking process, huh?

What fertilizer would you recommend?
By Matt
bisnicks wrote:I like the name tags a lot! Any way to offer them for sale or allow for ordering custom tags?
Sure, we could do that. I doubt there would be enough demand to offer them in the store, but if you want something created for you, you could send us an email at sales@flytrapcare.com and we can work something out.
Nick_ wrote:What fertilizer would you recommend?
Anything high in nitrogen without urea should work. I've even used products with urea without an issue. This is what I use right now:
http://sunbulb.com/info/?page_id=280
By Matt
Nick_ wrote:Ooh okay good that was my original thought how many sprays?
No idea. I just mist them until I think they're covered. I've also dumped fertilizer directly into the soil until it's saturated and it works fine too.
Goodkoalie wrote:Could Sarracenias also be fertilized like this?
Yes, absolutely. Sarracenia can take a lot of fertilizer. I usually dump 1 gallon of full strength fertilizer into my Sarracenia tray (and the big pots in front of the house) 2 or 3 times a year during the growing season.
By parker679
Matt wrote:
Nick_ wrote:Ooh okay good that was my original thought how many sprays?
No idea. I just mist them until I think they're covered. I've also dumped fertilizer directly into the soil until it's saturated and it works fine too.
Goodkoalie wrote:Could Sarracenias also be fertilized like this?
Yes, absolutely. Sarracenia can take a lot of fertilizer. I usually dump 1 gallon of full strength fertilizer into my Sarracenia tray (and the big pots in front of the house) 2 or 3 times a year during the growing season.

Hmmm....I use dry ferts(potassium nitrate, mono-potassium phosphate, etc.) to make liquid solutions to dose my aquarium.

I think I may try to mix up a custom fert spray to try on my Heli and Sarrs.
S. purpurea?

Got this great little S. NoID from ChefDean a coup[…]

I’ve been really paranoid since my cyclosect[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what kind[…]

Suggestion about plants

Thanks for the info. I dont get them from Greece, […]

Rain

Btw, if you have somewhere to put it, a 32-gallon […]

Too bad you moved away, you could come get these t[…]

Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!