FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
some of your founding fathers were the smartest and most courageous men in history.
its a pitty the USA no longer breeds em' like that or we wouldnt be seeing "mortgage-gate" or "robo-signing" frauds..

and you surely wouldnt let the little man get away with fraud, so why allow big banks?

---------

“Capitalism is organized crime and we are living in an usury-market economy, not a free-market economy. It is by design that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, not by accident.”

- George Washington

“We began planning the Revolutionary War in order to issue our own money again ...and keep King George III and Bank of England from enslaving us with debt, and making Americans their financial slaves. By the time the revolutionary war started, Apr. 19 1775, British taxation had sucked the gold and silver out of the American colonies, to Britain. So, we had to print money to finance the war.”

- Benjamin Franklin, 1790

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

- Thomas Jefferson

”It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

- Henry Ford
By Oblivion
thing is william, :lol: it doesnt just apply to americans.
capitalism and mindless consumerism is world wide.
By dantt99
squirtoman wrote:hehehehe lol im glad im not american, (no offense to any americans out there)
HEY! lol
By tc3driver
Oblivion wrote:those who give up their liberties for security deserve neither ! ( eisenhower ??)
Benjamin Franklin
By Steve_D
Oblivion wrote:those who give up their liberties for security deserve neither ! ( eisenhower ??)
As tc3driver mentioned, by Benjamin Franklin. The exact quote (there are many paraphrased versions) is:

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

From WikiQuote.org:
This was written by Franklin with quotation marks but almost certainly his original thought, sometime shortly before February 17, 1775 as part of his notes for a proposition at the Pennsylvania Assembly, as published in Memoirs of the life and writings of Benjamin Franklin (1818).
By Oblivion
franklin, thats the guy.. thanks for the correction.

i think it was ike eisenhower who said

"we must beware the influence of military industrial complex in the government, wether sought or unsought." or words to that effect.

and another quote from a great american president (what the heck happened to all the great ones anyway, it seems ya'll only get the dregg's and throwbacks like bush 1 + 2, obama-rama, etc)

"the people must never allow a private bank to control the flow of money, or the american children will wake up homeless and pennyless on the continent their forefathers conquored. " (cough, fed, mortgage gate, robosigning.. anyone?)
By lifelover
Here are couple of my favorites:

Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I’m doing.

What did you say what you were not supposed to say. Don't you know a manager is sent to meeting to lie for his boss!

Death is nature’s way of saying, Your table’s ready.

Can't recall author names :)

http://www.funnyquotes4u.net
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!