FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By MisterE24
So since I started buying flytraps, ive been getting into other unique species of plants. Just today I received a black bat plant. Which gets pretty tall and grows a black flower that kinda looks like a bat. But I have been looking for a dracula orchid, specifically the vampira or the raven. Does anyone know of any dependable online shops where I could find one?
By Jimbok3
I would avoid dracula orchids, they are very tempermental and not cheap to get a hold of. I currently have two dracula radiosa (did not arrive in good shape), and dracula lotax which is putting out multiple spikes. almost all Dracula orchids require cool conditions with high humidity (highland plants) and caring for highland plants requires a lot of work and a big investment in tech to keep conditions perfect. I would try going with some warm/intermediate orchids first and hold off on getting into the rarer orchids until you get the orchids you have to bloom on their own (if they are happy they will ;) ). Don't let all this scare you away from rare orchids, they can be a lot of fun, if you really can't wait to get a drac go with D. lotax it is a warmer growing species that can be forgiving.

Hope this helps! ;)

Ryan
Jimbok3 liked this
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!