FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By boarderlib
I use that stuff. It has a lot of debris and should be rinsed well.

As far as the bulb question, we would need more details, bulb type, color, what type of plants it's being used for, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Jonathan_
boarderlib wrote:I use that stuff. It has a lot of debris and should be rinsed well.

As far as the bulb question, we would need more details, bulb type, color, what type of plants it's being used for, etc.

Hi boarderlib. I am hoping to get my VFT Cultures that I ordered about a year ago from Matt hopefully soon. They weren't shipped out to me yet due to things happening and I told Matt to hold up. I sincerely hope I can still get them! I spent a lot of money on them. So I am in the midst of preparing with hopes. They will have to be deflasked.
By boarderlib
Yeah, I've never had to deal with deflasking TC plants so I won't be much help with that, though I think I recall reading that it's far more important to slowly introduce them to higher light levels.

By 1cashew
I use the Premier brand of peat moss from Walmart also and it works great for me although I do pick some of the debris out as I go. I also use the Quikrete pool filter sand from Lowe's. This I rinse until all the cloudiness is gone, in other words I remove all the fine particles. Since I use use a garden hose, 5 gallon bucket and tap water for the rinsing process I then drain the sand well and let it sit for 24 hours so the chlorine can dissipate. This is probably not necessary but it is the way I do it. I mix the peat and sand 1 to 1 by volume. Good Luck! From what I have read slowly reducing the humidity level as well is key. And do not let the light burn them, ask Matt what light intensity, spectrum and photo period he is using and recommends. Very exciting!
By xr280xr
I don't like it. I bought a 3 cu. ft. bale and everything I've planted in it (carnivorous and non-carnivorous) has died. I recommend Fertilome if you can find it.
By Fly Trap Hunter
xr280xr wrote:I don't like it. I bought a 3 cu. ft. bale and everything I've planted in it (carnivorous and non-carnivorous) has died. I recommend Fertilome if you can find it.
i havnt had good luck with it either. Idk why. i usually just stick to the lfsm. i mixed some premier peat with sand and perlite and let the rain water flush it out since last July and im using that mix for seeds now and im still not having great luck. Id like to figure out a better mix.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!