FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By MurphysLaw
Same with me!
I made several purchases from Petflytraps.
My first purchase included a cutting stuffed in moss. It was sold to me as a rooted plant; no one said that I was to get a cutting! I was able to get it to strike and saved it. The other plants in the same order smelled of mildew and had mold on them. I wrote to Mike, (included a photo) and he told me that it was powder from the packing material. I used a fungicide to clean them up.
My next order was received the same way, but this time the plants were in worse condition. One plant had a single leaf on it and a hand written note stating "it was the last one, but it was good!"

My last order was a single, expensive plant that I was looking for, for a long time. I had to wait two weeks before they shipped it. I received it in three days after it was posted that it was shipped. It too arrived severely water logged and smelling of mildew and mold. It only had two large old and spotty leaves with a black growth point. When I unpacked it, the stem and root ball were rotting. I emailed Mike with a photo to communicate the problem, and of course, no responses. Over the course of several weeks, I sent several emails to him, and still no response. During that time worked to save it, but the plant was so severely rotted, it died within few weeks.
I have been growing CP's for many years and I have well over 70 thriving plants in my collection, and I have just as many cuttings and seedlings growing in my nursery.
A Last comment, I have had the pleasure of buying and selling with many of the well known growers around the US, and I have NEVER lost a plant with them, with the exception to this business. I gave them the befit of the doubt with the first orders, but after three orders with them with the same problems, and their poor customer service including other former customer’s comments that they were given the attitude that we are stealing from them, I will never order from them again!
Do yourself a favor, stay clear of Petflytraps, and order your plants from someone else!
Last edited by MurphysLaw on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MNCarnivores216
Please Stop Trashing him with your negative reviews. It'll just get more negative if you people keep this up, Read what I emailed to petflytrap and the reply I got one day later. My order for a nepenthes truncata came in 3 days unharmed and a free plant nepenthes gentle, and a wonderful packing.

My emailed

Hello

I've heard lots of negative reviews from other people and this is my first time ordering from here too. Hopefully it goes well. And this Nepenthes Truncata is suppose to be a present too. And my postal code is 55103 not 55113. Fix it please.

Ken

Petflytrap

Hello Ken, and thank you for your honest statement. It’s unfortunate, but in today’s negative-oriented society, it seems that everyone makes sure and says something when they are dissatisfied about something (whether they are right or wrong); but very few people take the time to express any other views…especially just to say they have seen others’ comments. Thank you taking the time! J

We also have had some issues with one of our competitors who we feel has had some cronies (probably young kids who don’t realize the damage they cause) post very negative things. We tried to deal with one such problem a couple of years ago, and finally decided it just wasn’t worth all the senseless banter, when it was obviously not going to resolve anything. I hope you find your experience with PetFlyTrap.com satisfactory…we process hundreds of orders monthly, and have the most diverse online selection of carnivorous plants in the nation.

As for your specific plant, I took the time to personally inspect it, and the plant is definitely oversized (we usually categorize everything up to 6 inches in diameter as a Medium; but this one is well over that diameter). It has one brand new pitcher on it, as well as a couple of others that have started to die back (as is usual for these wonderful plants). The two older pitchers were trimmed to remove the dead portions, but I’m sure you will have plenty more leaves and pitchers as time goes on! J

Oh, and the automated USPS.com system changed the ZIP code for you before I had a chance to do so.

Thank you once again for your order, for trusting us with your business, and for taking the time to write us. I look forward to hearing from you once you receive your order.

Regards,

Mike Howlett

The plant came over sized and a free plant, please stop saying negative things about him, it'll just get more negative.
By Matt
Dionae wrote:Noone is bashing them by telling the truth.
Exactly. No one is doing any "bashing" simply by telling their experience with a store.

This thread is over a year old and no one has posted to it with anything negative to say, so and perhaps now Mike is being more attentive to how he handles orders and customers, which is a good thing for everyone involved.
By Cory
Matt wrote:
Dionae wrote:Noone is bashing them by telling the truth.
Exactly. No one is doing any "bashing" simply by telling their experience with a store.

This thread is over a year old and no one has posted to it with anything negative to say, so and perhaps now Mike is being more attentive to how he handles orders and customers, which is a good thing for everyone involved.
Either that or nobody's buying from there anymore.
He seems to have things in stock other vendors have long ago run out of.
By mrbengly
This topic is old but I bought some stuff from Petflytrap and I bought 1 XL vft and one pitcher plant and a sundew and the vft was a 1-2 year old and the sundew has been unroofed dirt everywhere! Only the pitcher plant survived!
mrbengly liked this
By ps3isawesome
Something about post consumer behavior and service. Bad reviews is better than no review. It shows a customer is still willing to engage with the business. No reviews or feedback after a bad experience could mean it was so bad a customer chooses to distances themselves and runaway from the business. It's worst when they spread bad reviews through word of mouth because business have no direct control over that type of negative promotion. An example could be "OH MY GOSH the service was so bad I'm never going back and I'm going to tell all my friends". A business should turn bad reviews into a positive experience. It pains me to see business get defensive and argue with customers online, even if the customer is wrong. This is because businesses have no control over how people interpret the negative reviews because of selective exposure, interpretation, and retention. Bad reviews that goes unmanaged in the digital age where conversation are archived is even worst, especially if your target segment is heavy internet users. That's bad brand image memorialized. Also, reviews serves more than help a consumer choose during the decision making process. It also affects people's perception of the brand. Therefor a bad experience turned good is positive publicity. Promote and manage wisely !!
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!