FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By JOELCHRISTIANGILL
In NH we have weird weather in the spring. It could be 50 in the am 80 in the afternoon and 30 at night in just one day in the spring. I had that happen. It was 70''s and 80's during a few weeks, so I fell for the New England trick and thought it's spring. I put out my VFTs, Capes, Spatulata, and drosera binatas outside. It started out in the 80's ended in the 30's. Everything went limp and terrible looking so I brought them back inside. The VFT's are ok they started coming back about 4 weeks later. Some of spatulatas turned black. One turned brown but then little green sprouts started growing around it. The capes are still just stalks, so I planted them in Live Sphagnum and I am just waiting. The Drosera Binata (giant form) has nothing: it is just dead stalks limply coming out of the ground. Will it also come back from the roots?
By jwbates26
Binatas are a fairly hardy drosera. As long as the roots are still healthy it'll grow back just fine. I Just received a bunch of chopped up binata giant roots a month ago and they already have forked leaves on some of them and a forest of T-leaves.
Last edited by jwbates26 on Sun May 12, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!