FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Trevsod
Hello,
I have one sarracenia I’ve had for around 8 months now, it’s done well for the most part. I’m not as educated on them as other CP’s I own.
I noticed this one trap was growing very tall and realized the mouth hasn’t opened, seems to be fused together.
Is it deformed or is this normal? There’s a tiny one growing that’s also pretty skinny and the mouth is closed.
Attachments:
IMG_2952.jpeg
IMG_2952.jpeg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 413 times
IMG_2953.jpeg
IMG_2953.jpeg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 413 times
By Panman
That looks fine. It is just not ready to pop yet. It will get longer and once it gets to the height it wants, the pitcher will pop open.

That's a very pretty leuco. What kind of light are you growing it under? I haven't found a light that I can get close enough to a tall sarr without burning the pitchers. Those pitchers can reach two feet easily.
By Trevsod
Thank you! Im very proud of it also. I’ve only had the sarracenia grow outside since I’ve got it. It gets around 6 hours of direct sunlight a day, usually around 70-90° since I’m down in south west Florida. It took a bit of changing the direct/indirect sunlight times for the red/white colors to show.
Thank you for your reply! I was getting a little worried because the other traps opened up pretty small. Have a good day homie!

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!