FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By EGROEG
Uploaded previously but now ive made more decisions. I am trying to decide on my carnivorous plants growing list and am struggling, as i want to and can only keep ten plants, but I like more than ten, hence the struggle lol. So im wondering if i can get some of your opinions for which plants you would eliminate off this list or perhaps even substitute for another specimen. Preferably, i would like at least one plant from vft, sarracenia, sundew, nepenthes, perhaps even cobra lily, not confirmed, and heliamphora for variety in my future collection of ten. Def beside the plant's name means i definitely want to get that plant, and ? means undecided. Heres the plants i like for my growing list:

Venus flytraps:

DC XL (def)
Bigmouth (def)
Akai Ryu (def)
FTS Towering Giant (def)

Sarracenia:

Flava/flava rugelii (def, but am not sure which one to choose between the plain flava or rugelii, as getting both is practically getting the same plant, therefore not much variety and just colour difference. What is the difference between these two)
Leucophylla ?
Purpurea (def)

should i substitute one of these sars for a cobra lily (darlington californica?)?

Nepenthes:

Ventricosa (def)

Heliamphora:

Minor (def)

Sundew:

Intermedia (def)

Do let me know what you guys think. Thanks :)
By EGROEG
Leucophylla, not sure if i should get the typical leuco, or the hummers creek white var. Oh and sorry for the typo, darlingtonia californica i meant haha
By hollyhock
I think the first decision is if you plan to grow plants indoors or outdoors? Many of the plants you listed are temperate species and would do much better grown outside. The vfts, Sarracenia, and Intermedia need dormancy period. If you are limited to 10 plants because of space constraints consider other Nepenthes or tropical Drosera.
By SundewWolf
Hard for me to recommend anything since I would tell you just to get a bunch of sundews (Mainly D. adelae since it's vigorous and interesting), but you should only opt for a Darlingtonia if you enjoy extra challenges. As holly mentioned indoor vs outdoor is going to make a difference in which plants will be best suited for you to grow.
SundewWolf liked this
By EGROEG
Well what i plan to do is to grow the plants outdoors, and perhaps in a greenhouse sitting in a quite sunny location
By EGROEG
Australia :) The sun here can be quite harsh, but im also planning a growing list for America too if i go there. Long story lol
howdy!

Welcome! Just in case you didn't see 'em: https://[…]

Smartest or bravest spider?

Looks similar to the Texas brown. Possibly a femal[…]

My biggest Sarracenia

Don't you just love how there's always at least on[…]

Red meat viability claims

[/quote] I agree and disagree with you. The polit[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!