FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
My first cultures are finished using my new flow hood. Hopefully they strike! Now the hard part, the wait! :(

I also ended up trying to TC one of my 'Bohemian Garnets' newly emerging leaves. It was really small and I do not have high hopes.
By jkochuni
Man I hope so.

Matt- After sterilizing your tissue do you pat your tissue dry before placing them in the jars? I did not, but I'm wondering if I should have? I guess if everything had been properly sterilized I have nothing to worry about...
By Steve_D
Wow Jason, your setup looks great! It makes me want to try tissue culture again some time in the future. It looks like fun. :D
By jkochuni
Steve_D wrote:Wow Jason, your setup looks great! It makes me want to try tissue culture again some time in the future. It looks like fun. :D
Thanks, and I had a blast doing it!
By jkochuni
Quick update. It has been almost two weeks and so far (knock on wood) none of the cultures show contamination! I do have some slight blackening on a few of the flower stalk ends, but it's minimal. I'm hoping I'll have success on a few of them (fingers crossed).

I'll be conducting a few more cultures next week on a flower stalk from the single pink venus I own (growing really, really slow), and also on a flower stalk from a big mouth and fused tooth VFT.

I'll post some updated pics when I get back in town.

P.S...Can anyone tell me how long you can keep unopened MS and PPM refrigerated? I also have some mixed MS (MS combined with sugar, PPM, water & etc.) left over that I have stored in the frig (not pressure cooked) from my TC two weeks ago, and I was wondering if it would be still good to use?? Thoughts...
By Adam
Nice setup! I'm thinking of making a retractable flow hood - or one that can be easily stored. I have some space limitations. Good luck with the TC!
By hackerberry
Keeping the opened MS, PPM and other hormones in the fridge will lengthen the shelf life up to a year. Be sure to keep the MS in powder form dry.

hb
By NZL
That's the kind of setup I can only dream of at the moment.
This winter I'll make them come through though :D

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I do sell on Etsy, and anything I sell is authenti[…]

hi: im feedmesemore

Welcome to the forum!

How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!