FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
My first cultures are finished using my new flow hood. Hopefully they strike! Now the hard part, the wait! :(

I also ended up trying to TC one of my 'Bohemian Garnets' newly emerging leaves. It was really small and I do not have high hopes.
By jkochuni
Man I hope so.

Matt- After sterilizing your tissue do you pat your tissue dry before placing them in the jars? I did not, but I'm wondering if I should have? I guess if everything had been properly sterilized I have nothing to worry about...
By Steve_D
Wow Jason, your setup looks great! It makes me want to try tissue culture again some time in the future. It looks like fun. :D
By jkochuni
Steve_D wrote:Wow Jason, your setup looks great! It makes me want to try tissue culture again some time in the future. It looks like fun. :D
Thanks, and I had a blast doing it!
By jkochuni
Quick update. It has been almost two weeks and so far (knock on wood) none of the cultures show contamination! I do have some slight blackening on a few of the flower stalk ends, but it's minimal. I'm hoping I'll have success on a few of them (fingers crossed).

I'll be conducting a few more cultures next week on a flower stalk from the single pink venus I own (growing really, really slow), and also on a flower stalk from a big mouth and fused tooth VFT.

I'll post some updated pics when I get back in town.

P.S...Can anyone tell me how long you can keep unopened MS and PPM refrigerated? I also have some mixed MS (MS combined with sugar, PPM, water & etc.) left over that I have stored in the frig (not pressure cooked) from my TC two weeks ago, and I was wondering if it would be still good to use?? Thoughts...
By Adam
Nice setup! I'm thinking of making a retractable flow hood - or one that can be easily stored. I have some space limitations. Good luck with the TC!
By hackerberry
Keeping the opened MS, PPM and other hormones in the fridge will lengthen the shelf life up to a year. Be sure to keep the MS in powder form dry.

hb
By NZL
That's the kind of setup I can only dream of at the moment.
This winter I'll make them come through though :D
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!