FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By elaineo
@Do_Gon This is great, thank you! Did you use treated lumber? It looks like you live in a dry climate so maybe that was not needed.

PS. I love the anti-bird spikes! My sarrs have gotten pooped on so much I'm amazed they're still alive (tbh I think they like it).
By Do_Gon
elaineo wrote:@Do_Gon This is great, thank you! Did you use treated lumber? It looks like you live in a dry climate so maybe that was not needed.

PS. I love the anti-bird spikes! My sarrs have gotten pooped on so much I'm amazed they're still alive (tbh I think they like it).
I hit the table with some wood sealer when I was done. I love in southern California. Our backyard is just extremely dry right now. Haha!
elaineo liked this
By Dreadredhead
elaineo wrote:
Panman wrote:Allow me to introduce you to my Squirrel Defense 5000. Guaranteed to protect your plants from aggressive tree rats and other nefarious beings. It also doubles as a chicken coop off of Amazon. Presently, it is more stuffed to the gills than this. I need to get an updated picture.
I like your Squirrel Defense :) Unfortunately, the squirrels here are the burrowing kind. Prairie dogs, basically. So that adds an extra dimension to the defense requirements :b
Dreadredhead wrote:Looks like you have a serious bird problem. I have no suggestions but am also looking for some fencing for larger critters like toddlers
There was another person on here who was looking for ways to stop a toddler from destroying plants. I think the solution was to buy a wire kennel like the one Panman has, but reinforced with hardware cloth because small hands can reach through the holes. Add a padlock because kids can figure out how to work latches, then lock the toddler inside and you should be good to go
Image that sounds more feasible

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!