FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By twitcher
Post for June 3rd.

Here's how its going to work.

The winner will be chosen from a pool of 8 semifinalists. The semifinalists are winners of semifinal rounds.

Each semifinalist round will be a standard list with 8 places.

There will be 8 semifinalist rounds each round lasting about 1 day or until the 8 spots are filled.

You may only be in a specific semi finalist round once, but if you do not win that round, you may enter following semifinalist rounds. If you win a semifinalist round, then you may not enter any of the following rounds.

I post the blank, 8 position list for each semifinalist round at roughly 1 day intervals, as randomly throughout the day as I can. When the list appears, you then copy it in a post with your name/handle added. There might be some congestion with multiple people trying to post at the same time. Therefore the position that the post occupies in the list determines precedence. Let's all be good sports. The blank list will not be posted until alter the winner of the previous round is posted. These two posting may or may not occur close to each other

The contest thus provide 8 x 8 (64) semifinalist contestant slots for members to try for a semifinalist position and the possibility of 8 shots at winning a finalist list position. If you do not win a qualifing position for the final round, then you get to try again.

Sounds complicated, but it is not. Just crazy 8's
By Cross
twitcher wrote:Post for June 3rd.

The winner will be chosen from a pool of 8 semifinalists. The semifinalists are winners of semifinal rounds.

There will be 8 semifinalist rounds each round lasting about 1 day or until the 8 spots are filled.

You may only be in a specific semi finalist round once, but if you do not win that round, you may enter following semifinalist rounds. If you win a semifinalist round, then you may not enter any of the following rounds.

I post the blank, 8 position list for each semifinalist round at roughly 1 day intervals, as randomly throughout the day as I can. When the list appears, you then copy it in a post with your name/handle added. There might be some congestion with multiple people trying to post at the same time. Therefore the position that the post occupies in the list determines precedence. Let's all be good sports. The blank list will not be posted until alter the winner of the previous round is posted. These two posting may or may not occur close to each other

The contest thus provide 8 x 8 (64) semifinalist contestant slots for members to try for a semifinalist position and the possibility of 8 shots at winning a finalist list position. If you do not win a qualifing position for the final round, then you get to try again.

You're a mad genius lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By mouthstofeed
twitcher wrote:Post for June 3rd.

I need an MIT graduate to help me understand this.
By twitcher
Post for June 4, 1/2 of the way to the 8th.

Important announcement:

A member, who wishes to remain anonymous, has generously decided to help out with the give away. That member is donating 1/4 of 8 additional plants to the eight already in play for the winner.

1 Cephalotus with mature pitchers
1 juvenile Sarracinia 'Carolina Yellow Jacket'

More good stuff for the winner. Thanks to the add on donor! Anybody else want to add to the prize? PM me.

Announcement 2: Hey guys, I'm not going to look up how long someone has been a member here, as long as they are a member. I'm crazy about the 8's, but not heartless. :x

Announcement 3: The plants the winner will receive, including the above.

1. Less than 8 Drosera burmanii 'Humpty Doo' or D. X carborup (winner's choice)
2. Less than 8 Drosera capensis typical
3. Less than 8 Drosera adelae
4. Less than 8 D. bin8ta T-Form or D. spatula/tokiensis complex (winner's choice)
5. Less than 8. Pinguicula primuliflora
6. Less than 8 Pinguicula X 'Aphrod8te'
7. More than 8 Utriculatia bisquam8ta plants (a plug)
8. Less than 8 Nepenthes 'Lady Luck" basal cutting (rooted)
Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

So I live in central Arkansas, and I want to grow […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I would give it a bit more shade but it doesn't ne[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!