FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
I have been driving through a lot of water and a baby Alligator swam across the street in front of me. They lounge around on people's property on the island. I didn't see them much in Wilmington but more on or around the islands.
If they get to be a certain size or found in public areas, they are removed and relocated to a safe spot for them. But if you go wondering around bogs and ponds and swamps, beware. Image
Oh and a Alligator can run 30mph and leap like a frog. You can't outrun them, but they can't turn easily, so you have to run diagonally away or sideways to get away from them. But generally speaking they are timid and don't like human contact, so they run from you or hide in the water. But I would not depend on that. ImageImage

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By PitBulMom
Ummm, think I will contend with Coyotes and Rattlesnakes and Sidewinders.....:)

YOU better be careful!
By FlyTrap Hunter
PitBulMom wrote:Ummm, think I will contend with Coyotes and Rattlesnakes and Sidewinders.....:)

YOU better be careful!
It's getting warmer so I doubt I will be doing much exploring. We have 4 poisonous snakes here: Eastern Diamondback Rattlers, cotton mouths, Coral snakes and water moccosans. We also have wild boars, black Panthers, Black bears, wild dogs and then there is hunting season. Image
I saw this guy a few weeks ago. Image He is not poisonous. The locals call this type Champ. He is black but green looking like algie. He is thin but longer than you think.
Let's just say if I go for a hike, I will stay on the path. but unless I have a gun, I doubt I will be exploring much. ImageImage

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!