FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
It would seem I keep being redirected to an online magazine website at random when I browse the forums. Has anyone else experienced this? Running a virus scan now to see if it's something on my side, but thought it'd be worth bringing up in case anyone else is getting it, too. Thanks.
By Matt
OK, looked into this some more. It appears that quite a few websites are experiencing it. Another website I run that also serves Google Adsense ads, like FlytrapCare, is getting reports of it as well:
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/report ... ml#p969806

And I've found posts all over the web discussing it:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/ ... B0fMybXkIJ
http://www.webmasterworld.com/google_ad ... 701510.htm
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/ ... -ZPBs1MJQJ
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... de-mgz.com

I hope that Google finds the ad soon and eliminates it.
By Matt
I just made a change to block some of the reported URLs that are using ads that redirect users. Hopefully that will eliminate the problems. Let me know if you get redirected again and please post the URL to which you get redirected. Thanks!
By Matt
If someone does get redirected again, please post the full URL of the page you are redirected to.

EDIT: Just found out that it's not the site to which you are redirected that is of interest, but the actual ad on the page which is doing the redirect. So posting the URL of the landing page will do no good. You'll need to hit the back button in your browser and disable redirects to see the URL of the ad that is the perpetrator to be of any help. In any case, I hope that Google finds a quick fix.
By Matt
After reading through a long thread where many Adsense publishers are discussing this issue, I think I've figured out which ads are doing the redirecting. I am pretty sure that I can block all of them, but it take 24 hours for the account to become enabled to block individual ads. I've blocked them at a URL level, but many others report that this is not sufficient. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have all of them blocked. And hopefully soon after that, Google will fix the issue entirely.
Matt liked this
By Grey
Thanks again for all the research you've done on this, Matt. Haven't been on the forum too much today but the redirecting seemed to occur most at the "View New Posts" part of the site, and I've viewed that a few times over the last 24 hours without being redirected. Seems the issue may have subsided! Thanks. :) Will update if that changes.
Grey liked this
By tish
Matt. Like Grey mentioned. I now have notice some small popups at the bottom of forum. it happen on my pc when I started using 2 hours ago.

When click close. A new browser tab appeared with a website loaded. I didn't take note what the site was before I close.

Sent from my SM-N9005
tish liked this
By Matt
Oh man. I thought this stuff was over. Most people on other websites haven't reported anything for a long time but looks like it might be back.

If others experience the same thing, please let me know what the ad looked like (a screen shot would be best) and what site you are being redirected to.

Thanks.
By tommyr
I don't get the pop ups (I use Adblock plus) but did notice at the bottom of the page that there are 0 member viewing even though I'm logged in. Just an FYI.
By tish
Hi Matt. Sorry I cannot be certain it was from your forum site after i recheck a while ago. I was too fast to determine it. As I open other sites, some ads pop up and when i ignore it and click on the website buttons , i was being redirect. It look more like it has affect my pc instead of the web. I did a few clean up, added more blockers and delete cache and now it's gone. I will monitor and report if anything happens again.

tish liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!