FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
Cross wrote:
riveraXVX wrote: "if it fits, it ships" USPS slogan is now "if it fits, I bite"
Image if it fits i's nips lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
how did I miss that opportunity!! :lol:
By Cross
riveraXVX wrote:
Cross wrote:
riveraXVX wrote: "if it fits, it ships" USPS slogan is now "if it fits, I bite"
Image if it fits i's nips lol

how did I miss that opportunity!! Image
Lol it's funny though. Want to trade seeds from that red dentate? I've got a king Henry, maroon monster, my regular dentates, drosera capensis Alba, i think my capensis wide leaf is sending up a flower stalk, my sarracenia hybrid, and my spatulata is flowering. I'd love to trade some seeds.

By Copper2
Hey, I want in on the action! Would you send me seed from any giant clones you have if I send an SASE?
By riveraXVX
I can send some from last years batch if folks want some (SASE) we open / hand pollinate all ours with no worry about what is crossing with which so some will have giant clone parentage some other clones, we have a good variety of clones at this point (around 40-50?) so from mutated, to serrated edge, to reds, to giants, to all of the in between. we had a copious seed haul last summer/fall and great germination rate on them (currently have about 200 seedlings from them!) and still have a ton more seeds stored away!

once red dentate is ready to receive pollen I'll see if we can't self pollinate those and bag them off for some selfxself seeds
By Cross
riveraXVX wrote:I can send some from last years batch if folks want some (SASE) we open / hand pollinate all ours with no worry about what is crossing with which so some will have giant clone parentage some other clones, we have a good variety of clones at this point (around 40-50?) so from mutated, to serrated edge, to reds, to giants, to all of the in between. we had a copious seed haul last summer/fall and great germination rate on them (currently have about 200 seedlings from them!) and still have a ton more seeds stored away!

once red dentate is ready to receive pollen I'll see if we can't self pollinate those and bag them off for some selfxself seeds
I'd live to send in a sase if you have a few to spare. I'm trying for some crazy crosses, so I'm getting my plants started now lol. I'm tcing a bunch in a day here. I'll definitely trade with you when the red dentate are ready. I've got a few different plants throwing up flowers.

By riveraXVX
Cross wrote:
riveraXVX wrote:I can send some from last years batch if folks want some (SASE) we open / hand pollinate all ours with no worry about what is crossing with which so some will have giant clone parentage some other clones, we have a good variety of clones at this point (around 40-50?) so from mutated, to serrated edge, to reds, to giants, to all of the in between. we had a copious seed haul last summer/fall and great germination rate on them (currently have about 200 seedlings from them!) and still have a ton more seeds stored away!

I'd live to send in a sase if you have a few to spare. I'm trying for some crazy crosses, so I'm getting my plants started now lol. I'm tcing a bunch in a day here. I'll definitely trade with you when the red dentate are ready. I've got a few different plants throwing up flowers.

sounds good I'll see what we can do to make sure those are selfxself for seed purposes - I'm not super familiar with what the "kids" of crosses of various ones tend to look like or probability of sharing traits and all that but alas, its fun to poke them all with qtips haphazardly too LOL
By Cross
riveraXVX wrote:
Cross wrote:

sounds good I'll see what we can do to make sure those are selfxself for seed purposes - I'm not super familiar with what the "kids" of crosses of various ones tend to look like or probability of sharing traits and all that but alas, its fun to poke them all with qtips haphazardly too LOL
ImageImageImage I should start using qtips, it sounds much easier than than poking the taker with the pollinator lol

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!