FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
Hey all,

I got my nepenthes ventrata about 8 months ago, and it's been growing without any issues, putting out huge pitchers and even a basal shoot with little baby pitchers on it recently! However, one thing I noticed was that its leaves aren't that big, and the plant seems to be tipping over the side of the pot as opposed to growing up straight, and the biggest thing is that the leaves have always been kind of yellowish, like a neon-green? The leaves are very thick and waxy feeling, like handling plastic, so they feel healthy to me, but I'm not sure if I'm exposing them to too much light.

They're about a foot underneath a Yescom 225 on a timer for 14 hours a day. Is this too much for the plant to handle?

Plant when new:

By thepitchergrower
Supercazzola wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:29 pm Just curious why you have them all sitting in water? Nepenthes don’t like that.
I don't think the neps are sitting in water. I think they are only sitting in trays (without water). Only the small sundew is.. ? Or are my eyes really that bad?
By Nikson
Oh yeah, they aren't sitting in water, I know not to do that, those are just the trays I keep them in so when I water them the water doesn't get all over the table. I always water from the top until water comes out the bottom, then empty the water tray out somewhere else so they're A-OK.
Small sundew is sitting in water!

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Will go out in the mail tomorrow. :D

Very first mini-bog! :D

VFT nice catch

Those crane flies are a pain. Contrary to popular […]

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!