FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By somerandomband
I got this little typical from Wal-Mart a few months ago. When I got it, it's traps were all dying. The second day I had it, it's traps shriveled and there was nothing left but rhizome. :o I noticed new growth and to my surprise it was still alive! :shock:
It's grown since then quite a bit but two of its traps "teeth" never came out. It takes about 3 days for my other flytraps new traps to emerge fully and open and this plant has had about a week or so with the toothless traps. Is there a reason for this? I'm hoping it didn't have a skipped dormancy with its previous care giver.
Weird?
Weird?
20180129_104339-1.jpg (144.23 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
?
?
20180129_104347-1.jpg (290.46 KiB) Viewed 1464 times
Just wondering if this type of deformity is normal!
By KategoricalKarnivore
Yes deformities are normal. Especially after stress to the plant like loosing all its leaves or coming out of dormancy.
By somerandomband
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Yes deformities are normal. Especially after stress to the plant like loosing all its leaves or coming out of dormancy.
Poor guy has hard a hard life. I think he'll be great once he's grown up a bit. His newer traps look healthy and the cilia look normal. Thanks for letting me know! I always have so many annoying questions :oops:
By KategoricalKarnivore
Haha not annoying at all. That’s what this site is for, asking questions and getting advice from other members. Better to ask and find an answer than to not ask and something bad happen to your plants. So ask away.
N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!