FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Lilyofthevalley9
I would like to apologize to both Camden and Andynorth. I lost everything overnight a few months back to a house fire and was even without a phone and wallet for a long time. All my plants perished which devastated me. I even was homeless at one point for over 2 months before getting an apartment and finding a new job. I have sent there refunds here.

I would like to finish this post with a patch of sphagnum miraculously emerging from the ground on our former property. Luckily it was in the flooded agricultural field so did not perish to the flames.

Admin edit: Pics removed to remove personal payment platform information.
MikeB liked this
By andynorth
Thank you. Refund received and I am sorry to hear of your losses. Once you are back up and going if any of my plants get strikes from the propagating I am trying, I would be happy to send you some starts to help in getting your plant collection back up. I am pretty sure that is the least of your concerns right now but the offer is there.
ChefDean, sans, alecStewart1 liked this
By Lilyofthevalley9
An update. I have been doing much better after a month in my apartment with my new job. I went back to clean my outdoor greenhouse which did not burn.
I found some of my carnivorous plant soil mixes and all of my grow lights were still left on as well as the heat. Almost everything died due to not being taken care of for several months.
However I found a few small lowland Nepenthes that were still alive in their damp, hot and humid enclosures.
I will keep everyone updated on how they do in my new place. It's a blessing despite the tragedy. I'll send pictures when I get home from work.
Camden, andynorth, MikeB and 3 others liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!