FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I want to get a drosera rotundifolia (or a couple of them if possible). Does anyone have divisions they could sell me? Or know where to buy a rotundifolia? I have seen some on ebay, but they look pretty beat-up in the pics. Upon arrival I imagine they would not be in much better condition.

I unfortunately don't have many divisions of my own plants so I can't really trade anything right now.
By entropy81
I might eventually. I have a few young seedlings and a couple older seedlings. The older ones seem to have gone into hibernation in the middle of June/July under 16 hours of light. As I understand it they are tricky ones to grow indoors as they expect a lot of seasonal queues. I'd probably have more luck outside with them. None are nearly as big as a dime yet.
By SundewWolf
Cool! Thanks for letting me know.

I also heard from someone that they are a bit sensitive (he said he only had luck growing them unintentionally in his live sphag).

I was planning on trying to grow them outdoors in full sun like my intermedias, standing in an inch of water. Leaving them out till late november then trying a short-photo period dormancy. I would be hesitant to let them freeze solid. Maybe half inside half outside in case one does better in either environment.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!