FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
This little beauty was a freebie last year from @elaineo that came with a couple of other plants. elaineo and I was discussing the plants she had sent me when she offhandedly mentioned "the tokaiensis" that she had included as a surprise. When she mentioned that my Scooby-Doo persona went on extreme high alert...approaching "Defcon 1". I immediately realized that I had *not* seen a tokaiensis in the box!!! :o So, with the intelligence of Scobby-Doo and the speed of "The Flash" and the inspired scream of Tiny Tim I dashed to the garbage can to which I had interred the shipping box. Peering with laser-like eyes into the supposedly empty box I espied a small parcel attached safely to the side of the box with tape. Oh so carefully, with the precision of The Good Doctor, Surgeon Shaun Murphy, I ripped the box open to find a splash of plant in a small plastic bag. I quickly prepared a pot for this little elfin plant and reported back to elaineo that I had found the stowaway!!!! :lol: I'm sure glad she made that remark about it or it would have traveled on to a very bad ending. As it was, I'm so happy to have it here, a very pretty little plant that is a real jewel!!! I don't know what it is about it, but it blooms its little head off. It has proceeded to grow and cover up much more of it's 2.5" pot...a pot that seemed giant when I first planted it. So, be sure to check your boxes good!!! Thanks elaineo!!! :D
Attachments:
IMG_3477app (Custom).jpg
IMG_3477app (Custom).jpg (404.77 KiB) Viewed 838 times
Panman, andynorth, steve booth and 1 others liked this
By evenwind
Wow, I misread the title as "ALMOST A 'GONER'...!!!! CHECK YOUR BOXERS GOOD!!!!". Would've been a whole different conversation...
Panman, Intheswamp, andynorth and 2 others liked this
By Intheswamp
I've got a little upper respiratory trouble going on right now and your post set me to laughing, then coughing/laughing, seriously dude...you literally choked me up!!! :lol: :lol: But, yes, gotta check your boxers, too, I suppose...as we get older we all know what to never trust!!!! :mrgreen: And, if there's anyone out their that is young and doesn't know what that is...well, you'll learn! :lol:
worried_look.jpg
worried_look.jpg (15.02 KiB) Viewed 816 times
andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
I found this older photo of the tokaiensis that @elaineo sent me...a "then" and "now" comparison.
Big difference, eh? :D But, I was wrong...it wasn't in a small plastic bag but rather a condiment container! :mrgreen:
IMG_8000a (Custom).JPG
IMG_8000a (Custom).JPG (393.63 KiB) Viewed 639 times
elaineo liked this

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!