FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
He did, but he sold out of them. The alien-like one was unique, but there were a lot of other ones. And, in reality, the alien-like flytrap looked the worst, small, and not as colorful as the others, aside from looking a bit like Alien.

There is a chance, since they are all tc'ed, that there will be more, but I went today and he had almost completely sold out. His nursery is in Nashville NC, where he specializes in cacti and succulents, but does grow carnivorous plants. It might be worth taking a look.

Other than that, he had a lot of pretty red line plants, as you can see in the photos, but he had zero today of everything except Akai Ryu, and his other carnivorous plants.
By katya_dog1
Oh, and let me add, aside from a couple of Cup trap types, there were no other weird ones. No weird traps or anything. If you are looking for things for NCBG, the nursery is probably your best bet.
By katya_dog1
Quite likely. As I said in my early posts, he leaves when it gets to 38F. I generally am at the farmers market once a week, so I will let you know if he gets a new tray of interesting flytraps. You would be advised to go fast, because he sells a LOT of flytraps on the weekend, maybe 60-70.
By Matt
If you find two, get one for me too! Or if you see any others that look interesting or different in terms of trap shape or growth habit (not color since that can be capricious), I'd be interested in them as well!
By jht-union
That is pretty cool! :)
Nice vft's!

How much is he selling his flytraps for and general prices of the plants?

Would it be possible for you to find out his contact information…I have offers I can give him with droseras I have.

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you! :)
By katya_dog1
Absolutely! He is selling flytraps for 7 bucks each. Capensis I think 8. Sphathulata 5. scarlet belle 5. 2-3 hooded pitchers in one pot, around ten inch tall plants, 18. I am going to go to the farmers market again sometime soon, and I will give you his contact info. I lost his business card, unfortunately.

If you are going to try asking him about his selling information, and he accepts, tell me what you are going to offer him! I might buy some if it is something I do not already have!
By katya_dog1
jht-union wrote:hahahaha lol you have a lot to do on your things to do list at the farmers market :P haha
:lol: Yeah, if I can find the plants! If not, oh well.

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Just let it be. Don't overthink it man. Worst that[…]

Get a magnifying glass 🔍

Kinda looks like old Jalapeños or bell pepp[…]

howdy!

I have lots of experience with agar so I want[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!