Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:54 am
I know not to touch the traps, but mine is a baby (the biggest traps are the size of my pinky nail) with dozens of traps and it grows so close to the soil that it ended up being unavoidable. Many traps were so young, they hadn't opened yet, so it's hard to say how many closed, but a significant number did.
The roots were thankfully free of mold and the trap is safely back in the pot with fresh, low nutrient soil, but I'm concerned as to how to ensure it stays healthy.
I'm also concerned about a return of mold. I haven't watered it in the last three weeks and the soil was completely damp when I took it out. Watering it so sparingly doesn't seem right.
My trap grows in a pot inside at my windowsill. My watering method is a plastic cup in the pot with holes in the bottom that I pour the water into (I use distilled).