FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Steve_D
Forum members, please post your questions, comments and other discussions about the Flytrap Store in FlytrapStore Discussions.

The FlytrapStore Discussions category of the FlytrapCare Forum was created as a complement to the FlytrapStore News & Announcements category. Although the FlytrapStore News & Announcements category is an information-only forum category which members may read but cannot post messages to, the FlytrapStore Discussion category is open to all FlytrapCare Forum members to post questions, suggestions, requests or other comments and discussions about the Flytrap Store, FlytrapStore.com/

Members may post new discussion threads in this forum category, not merely new messages in this particular discussion thread within the category.

-Steve, steve@flytrapcare.com
By lemonlily
That's good. Now we can give our opinions and stuff more easily. YAY!
By 95slvrZ28
allenc666 wrote:Am I the only one that really cares about the store?
I care about the store! I supported them the other day.

Comments thus far: Fast response, I'm pretty sure Matt got my plants shipped the day I ordered them. Other than that, I haven't received the plants yet, so I'll post more feedback when the get here! *excited for new plants*
By Matt
95slvrZ28 wrote:I care about the store! I supported them the other day.
We've been supported by quite a few members of the forum, some multiple times (including Allen), and I really appreciate it!
95slvrZ28 wrote:Comments thus far: Fast response, I'm pretty sure Matt got my plants shipped the day I ordered them. Other than that, I haven't received the plants yet, so I'll post more feedback when the get here! *excited for new plants*
Yep, I shipped them yesterday Blake. They should be there tomorrow. If not, they'll almost certainly be there on Saturday (Friday is a holiday).

I try to ship as quickly as I can. When more orders start coming in during the growing season, I might have to make a "shipping schedule" and ship two days a week or something (Maybe Monday and Thursday) so I have time to take care of all of my other responsibilities as well.
By 95slvrZ28
kittyklaws wrote:oooo what did you order from him?
I got a couple D. Capensis Red.

Matt: I've been checking the tracking info every 5 minutes. It hasn't changed for 2 days, but I keep checking anyway. I hope they get here tomorrow, I'd be stoked! :D

Out of curiosity. When you get an order, do you have to dig up the plant etc. and package it, or do you have some that are ready to go? Are these all grown personally by you?
By Matt
95slvrZ28 wrote:Out of curiosity. When you get an order, do you have to dig up the plant etc. and package it, or do you have some that are ready to go?
Of course bare root plants, like the ones you ordered, have to be dug up and packaged. Potted plants sometimes need to be potted into their shipping pots, but I do try to keep a few in pots ready to be shipped. When peak season rolls around (March and April) Steve and I will have plants pots with our own logo on them ready to be shipped.
95slvrZ28 wrote:Are these all grown personally by you?
Yes, right now all of the plants being shipped are grown personally be me. Steve will start shipping plants in the spring with me. But all plants that come from the store will either be grown by me or Steve. The D. capensis that I sent you were raised from seeds and are about 2 years old now.
By Matt
allenc666 wrote:Are you gonna be adding anymore kinds of Neps?
Not any time soon. I might not even continue to stock the ones I have right now. They just take up too much room and they're not selling very quickly. Space is a major concern for me right now. Maybe someday when I upgrade my growing setup I'll be able to stock more Neps, but that will be in the fairly distant future. Also, it might never happen since personally I'm not really that fond of Nepenthes. :) I like them just fine, but they are pretty far down on my list of favorite CPs.
By Matt
manzano167 wrote:am still confused is steve still going to have his site were we could buy?? :?
Nope. Steve and I are one in the same now and our online shop is called FlytrapStore. We both fill orders from the store.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!