FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
If you follow these few simple steps, you should be able to acquire a nifty tool to neaten the edges of peat-based medium in square pots:

1. Make a list of all the ice cream parlors, gelato emporiums, frozen yogurt bars and similar in a 10-mile radius of your home.
2. Visit the first store on your list. (If you’re lactose intolerant, this would be the time to take a Lactaid).
3. Ask for a sample of a random flavor of your choice.
4. Enjoy the sample, cleansing the tasting spoon carefully with your tongue and lips.
5. Unobtrusively, slip the cleansed tasting spoon into your pocket or elsewhere about your person. Do not examine the spoon too closely at this point.
6. Request another sample.
7. Repeat Steps 4 though 6 two or three times or until the server starts to lose patience and/or gives you a classic stinkeye.
8. Buy a scoop of your favorite flavor (two might be better) and consume it. The will assuage any guilt you might harbor about the multitude of samples. (Optionally, you might want to add some toppings, if the stinkeye was especially well done.)
9. Exit the premises and surreptitiously examine one of the afore mentioned tasting spoons.
10. If your tasting spoon is shaped like a tiny plastic shovel, with a straight, flat, edge at the business end, go to Step 14.
11. If your tasting spoon looks otherwise, possibly more like a miniature teaspoon, go to the next store on your list and repeat Steps 3 through 11 until you either have a proper shovel or have no more stores on your list.
12. If you’ve arrived here, you’ve run out of stores. Go home and write a new list, adding 10 miles to the radius and eliminating any stores you’ve already visited.
13. Repeat, starting at Step 2.
14. Go home and discard any non-shovel shaped tasting spoons secreted about your person.
15. Clean your shovel-shaped tasting spoons. Or not, depending on how thorough a job you did with your tongue and lips.
16. Fill a square pot with damp, peat-based medium.
17. Use your new shovel-shaped tool to push down any peat that sticks to the sides of the pot above the fill line and to generally flatten the surface of the mix.

Congratulations! You have a handy, new, free, tool!
Last edited by evenwind on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lain, elaineo, MaxVft and 3 others liked this
By Panman
elaineo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:02 pm smart! Now, can someone recommend a useful tool to lift up plants that have sunk down in their pots? bonus points if it involves eating ice cream.
Tell me about it. I've got a couple of flytraps that think they are submarines.
elaineo, MikeB liked this
By evenwind
elaineo wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:02 pm smart! Now, can someone recommend a useful tool to lift up plants that have sunk down in their pots? bonus points if it involves eating ice cream.
I'll head down to the local Ice Cream Shoppe and see if they have any ideas.
elaineo liked this

IMG_5245.jpeg

So much work!!! I love it!

I should have it all ready to list in June, but we[…]

Tissue Culture Project 2023

I know it has been just over a year. If you are st[…]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Did anyone else take advantage of Matt's sale last[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

I was thinking Intermedia. They have a tendency to[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

I sent it in the mail yesterday

It isn't fully sealed, so it shouldn't be digestin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!