FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
I have my nephentes ventrata for about a year now. For about a few days i saw something in the pot and i don't know what. Up is light brown (like in my drawing) with 3 spikes and below is green with smaller spikes on the left and the right (they are smaller than the upper ones). In the image the left and the right spikes doesn't show very well. I keep my new bought drosera capensis next to nephentes ventrata. My new drosera capensis doesn't have flowers yet and couldn't get in my old nephentes. It could be a drosera seedling growing from my 1 year nephentes pot ? And does drosera may grow from seed from a 1 year old pot ?
ImageImageImageImage
Maybe it will grow like the one from the below link ?
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/who-am-i-t7713.html
Last edited by roarke on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By roarke
Nephentes i bought 1 year ago and drosera is 1 month ago. I didn't mix the soil. Aphids cannot and other house insects spread the seeds and grow in a few days, i think. MICKEY, i understand you don't know. Maybe someone know :) If the 1 year old neph pot had seeds, the seeds waited 1 year ?
Edit :
Added a windows paint image i made.
By victor
it might just be an offshoot produced by the roots of your plant.
By cpman
victor couldnt have said it any better but, offshoots are not produced by roots. Offshoots are produced by erupting off the main vine hence the name offshoots. Offshoots (also in your case )form underground causing people to think it is a different plant.As for the hairs nepenthes leaves are a bit hairy.All of this might have caused you to bealive it was a sundew I am 99.99% sure it is an offshoot. Either way congratulations.

P.S. Do not call me a plant nerd :lol:
cpman liked this
By victor
nice they grow pretty quickly so the next time i repot my plant i usually just take them out.

I just tested my tap water 2 days ago and it was […]

SASE sent for April and May requests. Thanks Chef![…]

I have a Mars Hydro and 2 Vivosun 200W lights. The[…]

The above responses are OK, but for the faint of[…]

Well, I can't enter this one because I can't keep […]

Hello from New England

Man... I miss New England... Welcome! Enjoy the e[…]

Input on Neps placement

I have Diane, Lady Luck, Ventrata and hybrids with[…]

The light requirements for a VFT are such that ind[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!