FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By jimbo1234567
today i was having a look at the traps and i notoced on my long standing typical a few of the older traps had a bit of mould on them , they were hard to spot because theres over 50 traps on that plant, anyhow anyone know why the mold is growing, the plant hasnt been repotted in all the time ive had it which is over a year now and im reluctant to do it until spring.the affected traps were cut off and here they are, the plant still seems healthy enough though not growing quite so quickly now.. :lol:
Attachments:
boiler 091.jpg
boiler 091.jpg (200.98 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
boiler 090.jpg
boiler 090.jpg (207.98 KiB) Viewed 2213 times
By Matt
Do you have them outside? If not, there probably isn't enough air movement and sunlight to keep the mold down. Also, that plant is getting pretty thick, so under all those leaves there isn't going to be much air movement and the humidity is going to be trapped in there also increasing the likelihood of mold. In my experience, that type of mold doesn't affect the plant though.
By jimbo1234567
cheers matt the plants go outside on nice days when im not at work but otherwise our conservatory has plenty of sun and air. i know the media needs changing before too long but just wondered if it was getting maybe too much water, :?
By kevinqwe
wow that plant is amazing.
hm... have you tried disecting the traps? it could be that the insect it is eating rotted and started to mold. :idea:
By dionaea muscipula
yeah those traps r closed its just the thing they catched is rotting it happens to me all the time just cut it off (ya already did that) and your plant should be fine :D
By watnazn
Whatever it is, your plants are growing and look great and the mold shouldn't be doing much if your plants have looked like that for a while.
By Esly
Ew.

Hehe your plant is hugeee!

Its like awesome.. and stuff. :D
Progress Pictures

I've left the window open and I can now see five i[…]

Drosera seedlings moldy

What kind of mixed drosera are you growing, @Wolfc[…]

If be careful about putting it against the shed. I[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Uh. That's not where that goes.

Are you feeding that thing any weird fertilizers[…]

bog garden

Under $20 for just the bog pot, or under $20 for t[…]

Please identify

I would say they're either spatulata or toka[…]

Weird Venus Flytrap

Someone bought a DCXL from them. Here's the phot[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!