FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tannerm
Leathal_Traps wrote:How do you keep the moss so nice? What's your watering schedule like?
Honestly? Not too often. I don't water the plants much, maybe once a week. The moss gets misted every other night but I think it has more to do with my grow setup than anything. I have them in a mini greenhouse enclosure with fans for good airflow, a humidifier that's on a controller to maintain a constant range of 83-86% humidity and I leave the bottom of the enclosure open. So the moss definitely picks up moisture from the humidifier/fogger (since it kicks on so frequently) and the good airflow seems to be key as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Benurmanii
tannerm wrote:
Benurmanii wrote:
tannerm wrote:its really a marvelous plant. Beyond the digestive enzymes that sit at the bottom of the pitcher, the inner walls above said enzymes are sticky and act as yet another form of capturing prey.

I've got tenuis, so that's close enough for me. The problem is, I think jamban is way over-priced, at least on CC. CC was selling N. inermis for half the price of jamban, and to me, inermis is way more valuable (and after seeing an inermis with uppers in person, it has become a must have). Unfortunately, I've been devoting my space towards pings and a few Drosera recently.
CC is a rip imho.

Not on everything. If anything, I'd say that 80 bucks for an inermis isn't too bad (they have tentaculata for 50). Some of their tuberous Drosera (and D. cistiflora) are pretty good deals, as well as rubrifolia.
By tannerm
Leathal_Traps wrote:I have a 5 inch fan for a single 30 g terrarium
I have 2 bigger sized computer fans pointed at the plants and a 6-inch one pulling new air into the enclosure.

By tannerm
Benurmanii wrote:It is pure. His lighting is very strong, and under strong lighting jamban develops a red stem.
Just like Hamata develops a black stem

By tannerm
Aoli wang wrote:Your jamban seems like to be crossed with dubia...because its stem is too strong and the color is red.
Def just Jamban.

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!