FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
I unboxed my new Cupped Traps!! Thanks postal service for the sunday mail!! Will make a post about it when the photos are finished uploading.
By Orit
Sakaaaaa wrote:I unboxed my new Cupped Traps!! Thanks postal service for the sunday mail!! Will make a post about it when the photos are finished uploading.
congrats! glad they finally arrived, hopefully in good shape.
By Sakaaaaa
Orit wrote: congrats! glad they finally arrived, hopefully in good shape.
They are in good shape! See my post!
By Shadowtski
It got up to 49 Degrees today in Milwaukee. I went outside and mixed up 5 gallons of Peat/Perlite media with a little silica sand thrown in for good luck. This will be for Spring seed planting and general repotting.

I planted some Drosera intermedia seeds in straight peatmoss. Covered up the pot with snow and left it outside to stratify and wait for Spring germination.

Good growing,
Mike
By riveraXVX
had to repot like 90% of the outdoor plants because one of the dogs got accidentally left outside for a couple hours, poor girl tried to make a nest on top of the plants/cover over them

went to let the other dog out at 1:30..20 degrees outside... had just watered the containers the day before, and about 15 cups and various other containers smashed down or tipped over and smushed sideways and almost all the cups looked like this one. all the plant material both dead that needed trim and alive were soaked and floppy as can be just swimming in the collectively squeezed juices of all their pots.

it was a stressful night temporarily doublecupping the pieces and trying to wiggle plants basically back into their cups. took 2 1/2 hours yesterday to clean it all back up properly and get them situated in their new cups (and also ordered the 5x5x7 white square pots they are going in!) - trimmed away all dead materials, they actually all will be fine but if you had asked me at 2AM that night we were going to lose a bunch it looks.... so....grim

in the morning when the kid and I went out and I warned her what I was going to show you, she shrieked upset, but we got it all tidied up. can barely even tell its winter if you didn't know how big they were before dormancy knocked em down!

post cleanup:
any cup here that does not look damaged is one that got replaced and looked like the first one above some slightly better, some slightly worse.. the ones barely damaged in the photo here, is likely duct taped back together.

lucky in spite of the scare, pup is fine just felt terrible for her and got some extra treats and wrapped up good for the night.
By Bob Beer
Put a few new Pings into my collection: P. debbertiana “metallic” and complex esseriana x [moranensis x ?] hybrid. Also planted gemmae of Drosera roseana, my first foray into the world of Pygmy Drosera!ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Coursair
Stared at my newest Nep.
N. tenuis

Watered and contemplated my seedling Dews and Pygmy Dews
ImageImageImage

Admired some peristomes
ImageImage

And keep checking my D binata flower stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
I am keeping a close eye on several pots of S x 'excellens' seedlings.
Thanks Boarderlib!

I'm also watching my rubra flowers, got a request for some seeds.
Rubra Flowers 1.jpg
Rubra Flowers 1.jpg (964.79 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
Rubra Flowers 2.jpg
Rubra Flowers 2.jpg (879.84 KiB) Viewed 4588 times
By Fieldofscreams
Nothing

Haven't looked at my plants in almost 3 weeks. They are just hanging out on my deck doing their own thing.

Maybe I'll check on them today or maybe not, dunno.
By CarnivoresUnite
Well..

I dreamed about my being as wonderful as some of the pictures posted here after..

Picking up 50 little plastic mini cups with lids for water germination..

Working on my light shelf assembly..

Picking up a 72 cell mini greenhouse enclosed with water tray..

Reading some more good info from past posts here.

Lowe's had some VFTs and even marked down, but they were in horrible shape so I passed. Perhaps next year I will be more adventurous..

I have some peat moss and silica sand ready to go, and still thinking about sphagnum moss, but I have read some things here and other sites that make me concerned about health issues, so I'm going to try it without at first.

When the D Capensis mixed variety seeds arrive, I plan on swinging by the store to get my first of many gallons of distilled water!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!