FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:Why not step back in by resurrecting an old threadImage.

I staked up some wind damaged flower stalks, and now I'm getting ready to go do the nasty with a few choice plants.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Do the nasty ImageImageImage perfect.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Cross
I inappropriately poked my jaws to look for seeds. Feed it some to fatten it up while it makes babies. I moved the rest of my droseras inside because they looked terrible outside. I'm hoping they'll perk up okay. I planted some cobra Lilly seeds that I don't expect to sprout.

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:Why not step back in by resurrecting an old threadImage.

I staked up some wind damaged flower stalks, and now I'm getting ready to go do the nasty with a few choice plants.ImageImage

You must be ecstatic come fall when all those flowers seed. I would die of excitement. I see myself like digging my hands through all the seeds and counting them like scrooge mcduck(?)

By boarderlib
Cross wrote:You must be ecstatic come fall when all those flowers seed. I would die of excitement. I see myself like digging my hands through all the seeds and counting them like scrooge mcduck(?)

I've actually only done about 1/2 of my intended crosses so far this year, since my flavas are ahead of everything else. Most of my crosses will be donated to me and 2 other prearranged growers, so I won't be getting to see any dollar signs like Scrooge. I will get choice of any select seedlings thoughImage

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:
Cross wrote:You must be ecstatic come fall when all those flowers seed. I would die of excitement. I see myself like digging my hands through all the seeds and counting them like scrooge mcduck(?)

I've actually only done about 1/2 of my intended crosses so far this year, since my flavas are ahead of everything else. Most of my crosses will be donated to me and 2 other prearranged growers, so I won't be getting to see any dollar signs like Scrooge. I will get choice of any select seedlings thoughImage

Image not for financial reasons, I'd be ecstatic sowing them all. I've got just a purpurea and a hybrid sending up a flower stalk. I can't wait until I have as many as you two do.

By CpKid
Anybody know why the flower stalk would shrivel up about two weeks after loosing its petals? I thought I pollinated it pretty well...but maybe not. R.i.p
By Cross
CpKid wrote:Anybody know why the flower stalk would shrivel up about two weeks after loosing its petals? I thought I pollinated it pretty well...but maybe not. R.i.p
Either it didn't take or it's seeding. Give it time and check it out

By Cross
Copper2 wrote:Cross, you need to have faith in the Darlingtonia seedlings. I had fantastic germination with them after stratification in the fridge
I read that we just put them ontop of the soil like the vfts seeds right? I stuck a breathable dome ontop to keep them warm since it was going to be 54 last night.

By boarderlib
Cross wrote:Image not for financial reasons, I'd be ecstatic sowing them all. I've got just a purpurea and a hybrid sending up a flower stalk. I can't wait until I have as many as you two do.

This isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to other people. You'll get there, it takes time though.
CpKid wrote:Anybody know why the flower stalk would shrivel up about two weeks after loosing its petals? I thought I pollinated it pretty well...but maybe not. R.i.p
If you're referring to a sarr flower, pictures would help but it really shouldn't "shrivel up" after pollination. The petals will drop after the flower is no longer receptive.

By Artchic528
I watered my flytrap pot, then looked on in amazement at a new trap growing from a small plant I thought was dead. I'm calling it the resurrection flytrap. XD
By boarderlib
This was all yesterday, I pollinated byblis and a couple more sarracenia as well as cutting a few more flower stalks. I moved my lowland neps outside into the greenhouse. I moved all my seedlings into bigger pots and put them on my table outside. I rearranged my sarrs some more, which I'll end up doing again in a month as I don't like them crowding each other. Then I gazed lovingly at all the asparagus that is growing on my flava and hybrid table. Spring is finally springing here in the northeast. And I have to say, it feels good

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:This was all yesterday, I pollinated byblis and a couple more sarracenia as well as cutting a few more flower stalks. I moved my lowland neps outside into the greenhouse. I moved all my seedlings into bigger pots and put them on my table outside. I rearranged my sarrs some more, which I'll end up doing again in a month as I don't like them crowding each other. Then I gazed lovingly at all the asparagus that is growing on my flava and hybrid table. Spring is finally springing here in the northeast. And I have to say, it feels goodImage

That's debatable, my plants still look like crap. I live in nepa. I mean, they're starting to flower and divide. They just don't look as vigorous as I thought they would.

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Im not sure if May is open yet, if it is this is m[…]

Would I be allowed to request seeds for both April[…]

I have an indoor grow light setup I'd like to try […]

im not sure as the door isnt on yet (my dads makin[…]

SASE is airborne

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!