FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
A pineapple plant I grew from the top of another pineapple is flowering! Do I need to do anything to get good fruit? More water? Fertilizer? I was planning to put it in a bigger pot before it started flowering. But I guess it's happy.

By dimitar
Sun as much as possible and a lot water. If u can provide and slight high humidity as addition it would be wise. I wouldn't fert it since the plant has already formed fruit.
dimitar liked this
By bananaman
Yes.
That is good advice.
How large is your plant?
When I grew them from pineapple tops, they got MASSIVE (3-4 foot long leaves). They were bigger than the ones I saw in a pineapple plantation in hawaii, but they never flowered.

They were fine with full sun here in Austin, as long as they stayed relatively moist. What size pot is it in? Mine were in monster 20+ gallon pots.

I want to figure out how to get fruit from these things here in Austin. Mine lived for 3 years, but alas, none fruited, and they died when I was too lazy to bring several really heavy pots filled with plants with sharp leaves into our main hallway for winter...
By xr280xr
It's one of those minis from home depot or lowes. It's 4-5 ft across. The pot is a little plastic pot that some blueberries came in, maybe like 1 liter. It has been very happy growing in tiny pots. The leaves started to get yellow last fall so we gave it some fertilizer and that's really all we've done for it. I've keep the soil pretty dry overall.
By xr280xr
Time to eat! This was a few days ago, it's pure golden now :D

After fruiting the main plant might die so save and root the suckers
Ya, we'll see if it develops any. I have a sucker from this plant's mother growing, but it didn't do too great. This plant grew from the top of the previous year's pineapple so I'll definitely try that again.

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Sundew in forest

Bugs are the foundation of the ecosystem. Killing […]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!