FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By CougarX
Hi guys just wanna check that why is my flytraps turning black very often. I'm sure it isn't mineral burn but what could be the cause of it? Appreciate the help here! Image

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
Going to need all the details to be able to help. What is and how old is the medium? What kind of water are you using? How often do you water? How many hours of direct sunlight are they getting? Did you just take them outside from being inside for a long time? etc etc etc

But the plants look fine to me.
By CougarX
Fieldofscreams wrote:Going to need all the details to be able to help. What is and how old is the medium? What kind of water are you using? How often do you water? How many hours of direct sunlight are they getting? Did you just take them outside from being inside for a long time? etc etc etc

But the plants look fine to me.
I'm using peat moss and pearlite and distilled water, I leave my plants outside all the time I water as long as the peat moss seems dry up.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
That don't look like peat moss. Looks like degraded LFSM or something.

The plants look find to me though.

Best advice you can get is to make sure the plants are outside in the sunniest place you have and leave them there, no moving them around. Then just make sure the medium stays moist but not wet. The plants and nature will take care of the rest.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!