FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
When do you guys repot the divisions? I wanted to separate out the divisions from these plants so I could encourage more divisions. I've included pictures so you could see sizes. There's three separate plants in each pot(except the wacky one, there's two) If I transplant, they'll be fine right? I'll likely wrap the extra divisions in live lfsm and then pot them in peat/perlite. Is it safe? Too risky?ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By CpKid
They'll be fine, right now (Spring) is generally the best time to repot flytraps when their new growth has just began. Peat and perlite should be fine.
P.s. Looks like there may be a lot more than three flytraps in some of those pots :D
By Cross
CpKid wrote:They'll be fine, right now (Spring) is generally the best time to repot flytraps when their new growth has just began. Peat and perlite should be fine.
P.s. Looks like there may be a lot more than three flytraps in some of those pots :D
I can't wait to take them apart. I just have to find a way to keep them separate from my other plants in the big pot I've got. I've got 10 divisions from the 'potless waterfall' I won in the auction. There's a UK sawtooth ll in there and a.....um.... hm... sd draco as well. There's still space for them to grow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
I only separate them in the spring and only the ones that freely fall off the main rizhome.

IMO I wouldn't touch your plants at all until next spring.
By CpKid
I don't see how it would be harmful to separate the plants right now, as long as they readily come apart. Just seems like if they're still coming out of dormancy now would be a good time, since they might get a bit crowded for space as the year goes on.
By Fieldofscreams
I'm willing to bet that most those divisions haven't separated from the main rizhome yet.

Instead of disturbing the plants it's my opinion that Cross should leave them be until next spring.
Water Quality

So I tested my water using a aquarium strips and w[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the […]

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

You can collect rainwater. I have also used water […]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!