FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Jds
Everything seems to be fine.
Trap dies after it closes about 3-4 times,it may be due to same reason.
But my plants once had same condition when I kept them in afternoon sunlight without assimilating.
By VFT Lover
Hey... these are Just dying traps , but in general plant looks healthy... maybe they could use more sunlight to become more red... have a Nice Day...
By georgianboy
VFT Lover wrote:Also o noticed you have a Match stick in the soil... why is that?
Just to hold the leaf in right direction

VFT Lover wrote:Hey... these are Just dying traps , but in general plant looks healthy... maybe they could use more sunlight to become more red... have a Nice Day...
Yes,I want that too.but I/m living on ninth floor as you can see :D windows are at east-south side. almost 8 hour of light.but I think red color is acomplished in outdoor.

you see,I am beginer,those plants I have almost 3 month and I'm in panic.

thanks for advices

p.s
also not very good English.sorry. :D
By VFT Lover
U are welcome... Just give them as much sun as you can and they Will be Great...

Luka.
By pieguy452
Trap closing speed isn't the best indicator of health IMO. There are many things that can cause slow closing speed. It could be due to a lack of light. Some people report that a lack of humidity also causes their traps to close slow. If you are trying to close older traps they will also tend to be more slow.

I think the best indicator of health is how the leaves themselves look.
pieguy452, pieguy452 liked this
By georgianboy
pieguy452 wrote:Trap closing speed isn't the best indicator of health IMO. There are many things that can cause slow closing speed. It could be due to a lack of light. Some people report that a lack of humidity also causes their traps to close slow. If you are trying to close older traps they will also tend to be more slow.

I think the best indicator of health is how the leaves themselves look.
no.trap is new.and I mist them twice a day.

meaby I have bad soil?
By boarderlib
Your fly trap looks pretty healthy to me as well. I wouldn't worry about the trap closing speed so much. The way the growth point, new growth, and the leaves look is a far better way to judge overall health of these plants. I see new traps popping up, and the leaves look good.

Keep up the good work, it's doing fine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
I see new growth and nice green leaves in almost every picture. As previously stated, these old traps will die off eventually, especially come spring when the growing season is starting. Then new ones will pop up to replace the old ones that die off. It's a never ending cycle with fly traps. Leaves die, new ones grow. The biggest thing to watch is the new traps growing in from the growth point.

I hope this helps!

I'm a little confused about the rocks in the LFSM?

By georgianboy
boarderlib wrote:I see new growth and nice green leaves in almost every picture. As previously stated, these old traps will die off eventually, especially come spring when the growing season is starting. Then new ones will pop up to replace the old ones that die off. It's a never ending cycle with fly traps. Leaves die, new ones grow. The biggest thing to watch is the new traps growing in from the growth point.

I hope this helps!

I'm a little confused about the rocks in the LFSM?

just rocks,for "beauty"

so,I test another trap and it is fast.so no more worries.

thanks for Consolation.is that right word?

and one more question.cut old leaves of let them dry out complitly?
Watering my Venus Flytrap

I rarely see white deposits on pots. I read on the[…]

Water Quality

So I tested my water using a aquarium strips and w[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the […]

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!