FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By GothicJackalPaws
Firstly, I examined my pitchers, and there seems to be a couple problems.

I think they're being ravaged by some pests, and I need to get some insecticide for them. :| Any ideas on what they might be, and what I should use?

Secondly, I've had all of these guys in the same pot for three or four weeks now. They were doing fine. And then, suddenly, they've all started turning brown or black at the tips recently. The pot is recent since about a month ago, and came in a delivery with two other pots that are working out fine-- and the soil is the same as what I use for everything else. I don't know why this happening-- it seems very out of character.

The GOOD news is that this looks like it's starting to bud again. :D

And these two arrived today from Hirt's garden-- had some Amazon gift card money, and FTS doesn't sell butterworts or this variety of sundew, so I figured, what the heck...

Well, they didn't come in the best of condition. Just a FYI, in case anyone's thinking of getting these plants off Amazon (most of you probably aren't.)

^ Pingicula (P. Primuliflora)

^ Sundew (D. adelae)

The sundew came as three large plants in one tiny pot, and about a dozen seedlings. Some of them were actually budding RIGHT OFF THE LEAVES of the bigger sundews, which was something I hadn't quite seen before. I removed them and planted them in little groupings between the three bigger ones. We shall see how they do.

And in the meantime, my cephalotus has been moved to mom's house. Cheers. :)

Forgot to mention, one of the sundews came with a tiny slug on it. >.>' Disposed of it immediately and checked the rest of the plants over carefully. Jeez.
By unicorn775
congrats on a purchase. I am waiting on my D. adelae tomorrow or Saturday. I asked the seller to send it overnight express but I guess he ignored me and my will to pay more then just Priority shipping. Which is sad - I think it will come qiuet ruined if alive - from Alaska to Texas - long way to go in a box... I hope your pitchers will feel better. Sad to see those guys suffer....
Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!