FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By plantfreak1
3 weeks ago i started some vft leaf pullings. there were originally 3, but one of them rotted:(. the other 2 are still alive. one of them has some little green bumps on it. does this mean that it is going to be successful? and i also started some vft seeds that i purchased from flytrap store. some of them are splitting open with white or green. it has only been 11 days!!! flytrap store seeds are awesome!!! i spray them twice a day and they are under a florescent light(about 8 inches away). when do i move them into full sun, take off the plastic bags, and treat them as adult flytraps?
By samw
Yeah, I'll add to that, when you move them into the sun, do it gradually, from a less sunny place to a sunnier place, just give them time to get used to it.
Also don't bother them, if you think one of them is dead, just let it be for a while, as it might be a bit slower then others
samw liked this
By plantfreak1
here is a pic
seedling setup
seedling setup
002.JPG (23.29 KiB) Viewed 2151 times
i didnt have many pots laying around the day i did this, sorry for the snowman cup.(its kinda funny tho) :lol:
By plantfreak1
my seedlings still have their seed leaves, and a few r starting to put out their first traps. and my leaf pulling has 3 leaves, but still no traps or roots. is this normal for a leaf pulling?

If you have only done it once and you will be flus[…]

Tap water

Peat and perlite is the mix i used hope its good ([…]

Can vft survive windy days?

Ok thanks. I will try not to create a venus Flying[…]

Plant Mail

Let’s make these plants look their best ;)

Hi!

Welcome! Check out the care info at https://www.[…]

Feeding fish food to CP’s?

Not sure about your foods but i use "tetra be[…]

Our Postal Workers Hard At It

Or, they're just nuts. I'm gonna go with this […]

It is a possibility. However, you might do more ha[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!