FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By fems8899
Hello! I have recently purchased two varieties of both VFTs and sundews from California Carnivores. I am allowing them to rest for a while before re-potting. I have most of my supplies: peat and perlite mix, plenty of shpagnum moss, and distilled water. Now...I've been on the hunt for a pot that will not hurt the soil and plants, but also one that is aesthetically pleasing. I am aware that plastic pots work best and that unglazed pots can leak minerals. I found this gorgeous pot today at a local hardware store, which took me about 30 minutes searching around because it was so hard to find one that looks nice, but one that will also be healthy for the plants.

In the photos attached, you can see it's nice and tall (about 8") for the plants to grow, although the interior seems to be unglazed and also painted over. If anyone could let me know what they think about the inside material...I'm also not super knowledgeable about pottery, so :roll:

I guess if I have to go with a simple, plastic pot, so be it! As long as the plants stay alive and healthy. Thank you for any suggestions!
Attachments:
pot.jpg
pot.jpg (16.43 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
20160512_201513.jpg
20160512_201513.jpg (775.03 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!