FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By manzano167
I bought a venus flytrap yesterday and today i gave him a roach he looked weird he didnt change color and did not rot when next day today i saw that it had change i can show some pics if i can and tell me what happened
Attachments:
weird
weird
024.JPG (662.66 KiB) Viewed 3376 times
By lil_mike227
well what probably happend is that the plant completly closed to where you cant even see inside of it, if that happend it whent into the digestion phase and is going to fill up with digestive enzymes and get nutrients from it. its completly normal and shuold open in about 10 days with the dead lifeless exoskeliton of the roach you feed it :D
By dionaea muscipula
your plant is fine its just in the sealing stage and like mike said its filling with digestive fluids and will reaopen in 5 to 12 days depending on the size of the roach and age of the trap but roaches have a hard "skin" so it will most likely reopen in maybe 10 days
By dionaea muscipula
oh and one more thing i think i see a leg sticking out so your trap mite rot but dont worry rotting happens to me all the time just wen you see black in the middle of the trap cut it off
How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

For more information about characteristics, you wo[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!