FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Hello all,

I waited to harvest my drosera Intermedia seeds when the seed pod started turning black, which is what I did(the tips were turning black and the seed pod was swollen). I think I harvested them about a week early( dumb newbie mistake) because about 90 percent of the seeds are green. Pic below:
16290468515051892339064939712932.jpg
16290468515051892339064939712932.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 3060 times
Is there still a way to save them by drying them in the fridge, or do I discard of them and wait for the other seed pods to(actually)ripen? The reason I am asking is because the seeds are really big and look viable other than the green color.
Any thoughts/opinions appreciated,
Max
By Plant_master
I would gladly take a few seeds if ur willing to give some away and also my vft seeds were still greenish when I harvested them so let half of them dry and immediately plant other half see wichbworks best.
MaxVft liked this
By MaxVft
Plant_master wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:49 pm I would gladly take a few seeds if ur willing to give some away and also my vft seeds were still greenish when I harvested them so let half of them dry and immediately plant other half see wichbworks best.
Sure, good idea! Should I just put half in stratification and let half dry? I will gladly give you a bunch of seeds, just PM me. I have 7 flower stalks, so I think I'll be fine If I let go of just 1 pod :D
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!