FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Crispy
Hi, I want to get a new plant, but I don't like the terrariums they come in from the store. How should I go about taking them from the terrarium to outside without killing it? I would like to know for sundews, venus fly traps, and butterworts. These are the kind I'm planning to buy. Thanks
By kevinqwe
um.. well, i never seen a store sell plants in terrariums before, so maybe you mean the box they come in.
i would say just slowly give it sunlight. give it partial sun the first day, then more and more.
do the same for all
By Adam
I usually don't have the patience for acclimatizing them. I let the leaves burn and the new growth comes in that's already adjusted. It's up to you.
By Caleboy 123
Adam wrote:I usually don't have the patience for acclimatizing them. I let the leaves burn and the new growth comes in that's already adjusted. It's up to you.
Me too XD
You can either do what me and Adam do and burn the leaves or slowly harden it off.
By Adam
I don't think sunburnt plants are unhealthy. I actually think it's better for them if they have been repotted as the roots don't have to supply as much water as before.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!