FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By JenCooper
Hello! I was wondering if there is a specific kind of osmocote pellet I need to use for my nepenthes lady luck and nepenthes Miranda?
By ChefDean
You don't need to feed it as long as it's in a spot that gets bright, indirect light. If you really want to feed it, feed it bugs. Go get crickets from the pet store, toss them in your freezer to kill them, and thaw one out every week to feed to your plant.
Chemical fertilizers are very easy to overdo and Osmocote can easily kill the pitcher you put it in.
In my experience, Neps will grow more pitchers when fed bugs in order to catch more bugs. With chemical fertilizers, they often skip growing a pitcher on a leaf or two.
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:You don't need to feed it as long as it's in a spot that gets bright, indirect light. If you really want to feed it, feed it bugs. Go get crickets from the pet store, toss them in your freezer to kill them, and thaw one out every week to feed to your plant.
Chemical fertilizers are very easy to overdo and Osmocote can easily kill the pitcher you put it in.
In my experience, Neps will grow more pitchers when fed bugs in order to catch more bugs. With chemical fertilizers, they often skip growing a pitcher on a leaf or two.
Lol I raise jumping spiders and mantises now. I have flies, fly spikes, meal worms, silk worms, fruit flies, wax worms. My plants get all those and whatever I dig up (we're fertilizer and pesticide free so no worries). Once my silk worms get to be too big for my crawlers, they have two routes, finishing growing for their eggs, or into my plants lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Hello!

Welcome! As the cause for a friend of mine's new p[…]

Spider Mites?

I found this on one of my VFTs, and have not seen […]

Time for a repot?

Two years does sound like time for a repot. Normal[…]

Me? I probably don't, just a spidermite issue, b[…]

RO water for Carnivorous Plants

I already have zero water pitchers. I have over[…]

SASE received from ???

I have received a SASE from a South Carolina addre[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1715. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!