FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By red
I know I should be posting this on soil/media but this is the only topic I get reply’s on mostly

I’m sure most of you have heard of Sporotrichosis you can get it from sphagnum moss, I reported my ventricosa and there was a ton of the stuff, I had to handle a ton of it and I didn’t wear gloves and I haven’t heard of the disease until now, I have handled it before but now I’m afraid to, I have not experienced any symptoms of Sporotrichosis (other than cold symptoms which you will not experience when you get Sporotrichosis, unless you have both diseases at the same time)

So... am I dead or am I fine?

Chances are I won’t get a reply because I’ve made everyone mad, oh well it’s worth a shot though

So... am I dead or not?
By red
Stupid autocorrect why does it always change “repotted”

To “reported”?

My phone hates me
By SarraceniaLover319
I think the best options if you have any siptomes of it is to contact your doctor. This really has nothing to do with carnivorous plants also so this wouldn't be the best forum to put this subject in.
By red
SarraceniaLover319 wrote:I think the best options if you have any siptomes of it is to contact your doctor. This really has nothing to do with carnivorous plants also so this wouldn't be the best forum to put this subject in.

I know , I just put the sphagnum moss in a ziplock bag and pushed all the air out, so it’s a vacuum I am not experiencing any symptoms

But o am experiencing cold symptoms

That’s means I have had the cold 3 times
By Huntsmanshorn
If you are worried go see your doctor but chances are 99.999% that you don't have the disease. Even if you do have it you're not dead as I believe it is usually fairly easy to treat.
tommyr liked this
By red
Huntsmanshorn wrote:If you are worried go see your doctor but chances are 99.999% that you don't have the disease. Even if you do have it you're not dead as I believe it is usually fairly easy to treat.

That’s good to know
By uxleumas
red wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:46 pm I know I should be posting this on soil/media but this is the only topic I get reply’s on mostly

I’m sure most of you have heard of Sporotrichosis you can get it from sphagnum moss, I reported my ventricosa and there was a ton of the stuff, I had to handle a ton of it and I didn’t wear gloves and I haven’t heard of the disease until now, I have handled it before but now I’m afraid to, I have not experienced any symptoms of Sporotrichosis (other than cold symptoms which you will not experience when you get Sporotrichosis, unless you have both diseases at the same time)

So... am I dead or am I fine?

Chances are I won’t get a reply because I’ve made everyone mad, oh well it’s worth a shot though

So... am I dead or not?
i think you can only get it from live spagnum. may be wrong though. if you're using dead spagnum try microwaving it till it's steamy then let ti cool down. that should kill any bacteria (though put it in the presure cooker to kill fungi)
By Ben Goudge
Or leave it out to dry.
By uxleumas
BoydSmith wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 am Flight care and all change are filled or the optional aim for the field. The care of the erosion is issued for the changes. The fundamental path is filled for the parenting sights for the individuals.
? not too sure what you mean.
By P A U L
If you are medically concerned

GO SEE A DOCTOR
GO SEE A DOCTOR
GO SEE A DOCTOR
GO SEE A DOCTOR

Even if a physician on this forum replies to you, he/she would not, could not diagnose you, Sam-I-Am.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!