FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
We had to go to Birmingham this past Monday, 145 mile one-way trip to the largest city in Alabama from a guy who doesn't see a street light anywhere when he walks outside his house. It was a long day. Our daughter was with us. On the way back we got a phone call that the youngest (7-year-old) had fell at school and hit her head. Her other grandmother was concerned in that after school our granddaughter was crying and whimpering a lot and became nauseated once (concussion?). So, an emergency room visit. Suddenly the 145 mile return trip turned into 235 mile return trip.

We got to the hospital she was at and she quickly got much better upon the arrival of her "Gigi" and her mama ;) ...me?, why,...I'm peasoup! :lol: Limited visitors in the ER waiting room meant I waited in the car (more peasoup<g>). A CT showed no concussion and when I pulled around to load them up in the vehicle our granddaughters was bouncing around smiling and passing out her wonderful hugs. :D All was well with her, thankfully.

So, being delayed at getting home and with two other young (hungry) granddaughters waiting at their house we opted to stop at good ol' MickeyD's (McDonalds for you who've lived a sheltered life) to pick up some processed meat of different sources mashed between bread of questionable origin. My youngest granddaughter thought it was funny that I got a kid's meal just like hers...I mean, what's the problem with that, eh? Afterall, I'm a kid at heart!!! :lol:

Anyhow, we drive the next 20 miles and arrive at their house with a sigh of relief. We go inside and the older granddaughters tear into the bag of food(?). A minute later the oldest granddaughter (15yo) was looking at her burger funny and said it didn't taste "right". She's one of those that orders things "plain"...a quarter-pounder with meat, cheese, and bread only. She proceeded to tear the burger in half and below is what she found. Talk about "NEW ORDER DISAPPOINTMENT!!!".
Attachments:
IMG_6783p (Custom).jpg
IMG_6783p (Custom).jpg (454.76 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
By DragonsEye
I can eat even ground beef rare (heck, I even have had it raw sometimes with some salt on it as a kid... my dad introduced me to that) but do normally like it cooked medium to medium-well.
By Intheswamp
Uh, no thanks. Tapeworms are not on my "must get" list of pets...and especially not for any of my granddaughters (or anyone else in the family). Long ago I liked my steak medium rare...now, a tinge of pink in the middle is "good enough".

I was going to post an image but just do a simple Google search for "human tapworm"....<gag>
By Camden
Our local Macca has slowly been in recline since 2020 (no surprise there!) to a point where their quarter pounder’s (with cheese of course are you crazy?!) felt like half the thing was made of grease and, rightfully so. Never had a burger raw though! I would so call them up about it because, like you said, that could give someone all sorts of nasty things!
By Intheswamp
I posted it to Fakebook and the manager responded. 90-percent of his response was taking a "victim" attitude. 10-percent was saying he was sorry "...this happened at his store." Like he wasn't sorry that my granddaughter took a bite of this raw meat and basically ruined her supper and exposed her to who-knows-what...just that he was sorry it happened at *his* store. I guess it would have been ok with him if it'd happened at a different restaurant. Interestingly, his post had disappeared by the the day.

The McDonalds area supervisor send my a message via "messenger". First thing is...I don't know a whole lot about Fakebook, second thing is that I know even less about "Messenger". Third thing is I have a total of eight friends (I don't collect friends ;) ). Anyhow, the manager "Amber" sent me a message with her name and phone number and wanted me to contact her. I took a few minutes to check her out for her authenticity, I mean, anybody can say their anybody else on the internet. I got back to her message in roughly 20-30 minutes and....she had deleted it. So, it appears that McDonalds corporate didn't want their people commenting on the situation and ordered their people to stand-down. All I can say is check McDonalds food before biting into it...check it really good! I ate my Kids Meal "Mcnuggets" out of the bag driving in the dark...I wonder what I actually ate. :?
By evenwind
If it were me, I'd try to take it to corporate. I mean we're talking about grandkids here.
Camden liked this
By Intheswamp
There's one buffoon from the local farmer's co-op that's defending the mcdonalds and its manager. I don't know what's under his saddle but I've yet to hear anyone associated from McDonalds address any kind of an apology to my granddaughter...just a weak general apology that it happened at his store. And this was not even addressed to me, but rather to his buddy at the co-op. 90% taking on the victim role and 10% pretending to apologize. He never directly addressed me and I have my doubts (ya think?) that he would have driven 20 miles one way to my granddaughter's house to "solve this problem immediately". :roll: Oh well, typical lip-service from a weenie. And, yeah, people might say I should've contacted them...why? My money, my granddaughter, I didn't owe them *anything*...still don't. Bottom line, it really got me PO'd. You're right, evenwind, maybe I do need to contact corporate...and maybe ADPH, too.
bloodyMcDonaldsManagerResponse1c.jpg
bloodyMcDonaldsManagerResponse1c.jpg (246.34 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Sundews69, Camden liked this
Drosera seeds in water?

Don't know about the peroxide, either. I have trie[…]

If you keep your plants outside, they will feed th[…]

You might also run into problems with the plant […]

Question about flytraps

Last question (probably) when i repot, wash off th[…]

Kinetin vs BAP ?

Can Kinetin be an adequate substitution for BA[…]

Do Long Summer Days Affect CPs?

You don't need to worry about the hours of sunlig[…]

Honestly, I don't know. The leaves look like they […]

I must say, I'm especially curious about how we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!