FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I believe it's time to start thinning my herd as they're starting to wake up.
To begin with, we'll start tame with five typical flytraps and five S. flava, both offered for only the price of shipping. We're starting slow more for my benefit, so I can see how this flows and adjustments can be made as needed.
Rules:
I'd like as many people to get these as possible, so you can only claim one plant per day, not all that are offered. You can get more than one, but you have to wait one day between claims. Example: claim one flytrap today, then wait until tomorrow to claim one flava. Days run from midnight to 11:59 CST.
Claimant pays shipping at the minimum via PayPal F&F, not G&S. If you can't pay the listed price, don't claim it. Price will be listed by the plant, followed by + (shipping cost) , likely $10. Last thing I sent was $10.20 for flat rate small box, but that is subject change if the USPS changes the price. Multiple claims can be combined in one box as long as they comfortably fit.
Claim by posting a reply with your name and choice. Once they're all claimed, or a reasonable amount of time has passed, I'll PM PayPal info and total to each claimant. You'll have 48 hours to reply, I'll get them all put together, sent, and give tracking info.
No guarantee of size, color, etc., but I won't ship a tiny plant unless it attached to a bigger one. Live plants, so US addresses only. There may be more later, but each offering is limited to what is listed. If there are five offered, any after the fifth will not get a plant.
Changes to the rules and procedures may be made at any time, but I'll try to keep them between offerings, not in the middle of one.
5 VFT - free + $10 shipping
5 flava - free + $10 shipping.
Shadowtski, Camden, DUB-C and 2 others liked this
By sans
Could i get a VFT? im new and id like some
[Admin edit; stake your claim as follows...]

sans - 1 VFT
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:31 pm If you have a flava that isn't one of my descendants, I'd love one.
Unfortunately, these ones being offered are from you. I do have some from another member, hopefully I can differentiate and make some available to you.
By ChefDean
I know. You've pawned the offspring off on me a few of times because you needed to find homes for them, and I'm a sucker for a Sarr.
By sans
sans - 1 VFT
Last edited by sans on Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ChefDean
sans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:07 pm I honestly thought this page was gonna be just stacked with people typing at the same time rushing to get the stuff. Guess not.
I'm not surprised it's slow, this is a shakedown run, and they're only typical traps and flavas

sans wrote:Ill take another one. (VFT)
Cool, but look back at your first one
sans wrote:sans - 1 VFT
and do it like that. It sounds like a silly point, but I believe it will be easier to keep track of the claims.
By sans
Alright i will. Thanks for everything!
By Intheswamp
sans wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:35 pm Alright i will. Thanks for everything!
sans, what Chef is saying is you literally need to change your post to read:

sans - 1 vft

I figure he'll be using the time stamp of the post to figure out who's put dibs on things first. For example, if I wanted to join in the giveaway, which is a cool one, but right now my wagon's a bit loaded with the few plants I've got (some of which came from Chef...thanks Chef!). (Note that I said "loaded" not "over-loaded"...big difference there!!! :mrgreen: ). Anyhow, if I was to join the giveaway I would write:

Intheswamp - 1 vft

...and pretty well that's all in the post. It helps him save time as it only takes him a glance to see what's spoken for, etc.,. Just always remember, never, ever say anything regarding the number between 2 and 4!!! :o
By sans
Oh sorry ill do that now.
Intheswamp liked this
By Andrew42x89
sans - 1 VFT
sans - 1 VFT
Andrew42x89 - 1 VFT
By sans
sans - 1 VFT
sans - 1 VFT
Andrew42x89 - 1 VFT
sans - 1 VFT
ChefDean liked this
By ChefDean
Looks like no one I interested in the flava, so, once the last VFT is claimed, we'll end this shakedown run.
After I get them sent off I'll look at what's next. I will say that there will likely be more typical VFT's, the flava will probably reappear sometime, but we'll get into some of my more complex Sarrs.
By sans
lol im more of a VFT guy than any other carnivorous plant. maybe ill get 1 or 2 of pitcher plants or sundews, but im defently a VFT person.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!