FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
Whenever I repot my D. Regia there is always an opportunity to take root cuttings. I cut them into about one inch sections then plant them vertically in a prepared pot of medium. Wait about 3 weeks or so and soon you will have more plants. This usually works best with plants that have very thick roots.
Attachments:
D.regia strikes
D.regia strikes
IMG_20191211_103647802.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2677 times
hollyhock, hollyhock, hollyhock and 1 others liked this
By Ping
Well done! Do you bag these pots to increase humidity until they take or just plop them in a tray with everything else?
By hollyhock
Ping wrote:Well done! Do you bag these pots to increase humidity until they take or just plop them in a tray with everything else?
I have done it both ways. I find if I bag things algae or moss from the peat seems to grow quicker. I usually just put them in a tray of water and put them close to the lights about 6-8 inches away. I treat them like seeds.
hollyhock liked this
By DragonsEye
very nice!
By chomato
That's really cool! I figure this is the best way to keep regias with you, since the plants are hard to come by from outside nurseries?
By DesertPat
I've got some regia seeds on the way...hopefully I have luck with them and can start doing root cuttings of them in time too. Very cool plants!

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By hollyhock
DesertPat wrote:I've got some regia seeds on the way...hopefully I have luck with them and can start doing root cuttings of them in time too. Very cool plants!

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I wish you the best of luck from seeds. I have tried seeds several times and never was able to get them from seedlings to adults. They are very prone to damping off.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!