FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By cgambrell
Steve,

The plants i bought from you continue to amaze me. I bought them on a wymn as just one last try to grow a vt let alone two HUGE ones. After being dumped out of their pot a grad total of three times(by my great dane dont worry problem has been resolved) and the last time i was on vacation so my dad had to wrap them up in damp paper towels, they are back and are better than ever. b252s traps seem to grow a bit bigger eveytime i turn my back and now today I look to find that both low giant and b52 have flower stalks and two new traps in their crowns. Guys talk about quality :D if you havent purchased from Steve at the flytrap ranch do it now and I dont mean 5 min from now I mean now drop everything and buy a plant you'll see!!! Also the potting instructions I got from some of my inital post probably played a huge role also thanks Matt and everyone else who responded.

Thank you Steve and everyone else,

Cody
By Adam
I was amazed at the variety of plants I got out of the seeds that Steve sent me! He certainly loves his plants and it shows.
By Matt
Any thanks that members want to send Steve's way are definitely warranted. His plants are awesomely healthy (I know first hand) and he is a very generous and kind person. We are very lucky to have him as an active member on this site.
By Steve_D
Guys, you're embarrassing me! :oops: :P

Seriously, thank you Cody (and everyone) for your kind words. In fact, they're so flattering it makes me wonder if you might allow me to use a few phrases of them to put in the "Testimonials" section of the FlytrapRanch.com website (it would just have your initials and location, not your name, like C.G., Georgia). :)

I do love these little plant monsters, and I try to grow them into healthy, robust, well-fed but voracious plants before I ship them to their new homes. And I love the idea that some of my plants are growing all over the U.S. and seeds from my plants are growing all over the world. I've shipped plants to Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands, on the other side of the planet close to China, Australia and the Philippines (it's a U.S. territory exempt from international plant trade rules), and seed to such places as Turkey, Italy and Thailand among many other counries.

Regarding the plants, I think everyone deserves to start off with a nice, healthy plant instead of one that's already at death's door in a clear plastic coffin from a large box store. :)

And as far as seeds go, this year looks like it will be a great year for seed harvest. It looks like the first flower of the season will bloom sometime within the next few days. This year there will be a lot of B52 pollen contributing to the mix and plenty of seeds from B52 plants as well as cross-pollinations from all the nice clones I grow. In addition, I'm segregating my "red" Venus Flytraps and although they will contribute pollen to all the other plants, their flowers will be pollinated only by other red Venus Flytraps, so I will have an "all red" mix of seeds (which won't necessarily produce all red seedlings, of course) as well as my usual mix of a variety of hand-pollinated crosses.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words Cody and everyone. I'm glad your plants have survived the dog attacks, Cody. :P Best wishes, --Steve
By Nickrober
Steve_D wrote:And as far as seeds go, this year looks like it will be a great year for seed harvest. It looks like the first flower of the season will bloom sometime within the next few days. This year there will be a lot of B52 pollen contributing to the mix and plenty of seeds from B52 plants as well as cross-pollinations from all the nice clones I grow. In addition, I'm segregating my "red" Venus Flytraps and although they will contribute pollen to all the other plants, their flowers will be pollinated only by other red Venus Flytraps, so I will have an "all red" mix of seeds (which won't necessarily produce all red seedlings, of course) as well as my usual mix of a variety of hand-pollinated crosses.
Can't wait. Looks like I'll have to go prepare some soil!
By cgambrell
Steve,

SURE !!!! You can use anything i say i dont care at all anything else i can do to help let me know!
By Steve_D
cgambrell wrote:SURE !!!! You can use anything i say i dont care at all anything else i can do to help let me know!
Thank you, Cody. :D I'm glad the Flytraps are growing well for you, despite the great dane upsets. To adapt an old Timex watch slogan: "They take a beating and keep on eating" :mrgreen:

Steve
By cgambrell
Steve,

I meant to say that you can use my name if you wish makes no difference to me. I also wanted to say that my great dane is still very much in his puppy stage even though he us 1 year old and taller than I am if he puts his paws on my shoulders he is a very large dog but very much a BIG baby he thinks he has to be held and can be a lap dog but it just ain't possible haha The reason he got my plants is because he craves attention and i guess he figured that if he brought me some of my plants I would play with him. If anyone is in the market for a dog please take a look at this AWESOME breed they are extremely good with kids and very protective of all those they are familiar with.

Cody
By WORMSS
I think we need an entire section of the forum devoted to saying thanks to steve LOL
By Max
how much does shipping cost at flytrapranch?
By Nickrober
italo.americano wrote:I would higly recommend "Fine Tooth x red" and 'Dentate Traps.'
I got a Fine Tooth x Red from steve a few weeks ago. It's growing like crazy. I'd get one if I were you!
By Steve_D
Max wrote:how much does shipping cost at flytrapranch?
Hi Max-- the shipping cost for Flytrap Ranch plants ranges from about $5.50 to $6.50 for 1-3 Flytraps, $7.50 to $9.50 for 4 or more. Not too bad. :D

I don't have many Flytraps listed right now because I'm concentrating on seed production (first flower opened two days ago, yippee!), but if you see a clone or two you like at the FlytrapRanch.com website, send me email and I'll check my stock to see if I have one I could sell to you. I very well might. My email--> steve@flytrapranch.com

Steve
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!