FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Anrich
Anrich From S.A.
Steve Doonan from flytrapranch.com is such a great person!!!
He replied my cry for carnivorous plant seeds and posted me a pack of flytrap seeds!!!
I live in South Africa and flytrapranch.com is in New Mexico US.
Thats quite a humble thing to do for free!!
It is people like him that is keeping the carnivorous plant society alive and Kicking!!!!!
People come support flytrapranch.com and Steve Doonan!!!
Thanks Steve!!! You Rule!!!
By Anrich
Generous is an under statement!!
We need more people like him!!!!
In anyway: Thanks Flytrapranch.com and flytrapcare.com . You guys Rule!!!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
By Steve_D
--blushing-- :oops: Thanks Anrich. I just try to help out when and where I can, trying to support people who have an interest in these fascinating plants.

Your seeds were mailed today. Should be in South Africa in a few days. :)
By lemonlily
I thank everyone who has helped me and has givin me support to not give up on my plant. Even though it has died, I am not sad because I will get another plant. Steve is a great guy because he offers things to make us happy, not just to sell plants and get all the money. You know, some people sell really bad plants and just want the money. But Steve is here to help the ones who need it. Steve rocks like a rocker on a rocking chair on top of a rocking horse and is like a rock. :lol:
By Anrich
Steve Rules!!!!!
Thanks again( can't thank you enough)!!!!!!!!!!!
I am a student of criminology and psychology, So the human mind facinate me,
But what i can see in steve is quite Unique.
Mankind has this cardinal instinct of self-Preservation, for one person to help the other is in direct conflict with this instict.
Thus, Steve Rules!!!
End of story!!!!!!!!!!
Ahoy......
By WORMSS
Steve, Have you been getting my messages?? you have not been responding?
By Steve_D
WORMSS wrote:Steve, Have you been getting my messages?? you have not been responding?
Hello Colin-- I received an email from you this morning with a question about sphagnum moss (which I answered, hopefully completely enough). Remember, I awaken in the morning about 7 hours later than you in England, or I may be busy with things away from the computer, so I may not answer an email right away. I haven't recieved any FlytrapCare.com private messages from you I don't think (I can't see any).

You might also ask that question about sphagnum moss here at FlytrapCare.com to see if others confirm what I wrote or can add more information.

best wishes,
Steve
By WORMSS
nah, I was wondering if you got the messages I sent you over a week ago, but I see as I just got ur seeds this morning that You did get my message :D

I will hopfully be able to pick up the right type of medium tonight if the garden centre is still open when I get the car.. [/checks pockets for money\]
By Steve_D
WORMSS wrote:nah, I was wondering if you got the messages I sent you over a week ago, but I see as I just got ur seeds this morning that You did get my message :D I will hopfully be able to pick up the right type of medium tonight if the garden centre is still open when I get the car.. [/checks pockets for money\]
I'm glad you received the VFT seeds. They took a while to get to England I guess. They are a nice variety, cross-pollinated from quite a few very nice Venus Flytrap clones (most of the clones I grow). I have about 250 babies growing right now from these seeds and I can already see quite a lot of variation of color, size, growing speed, etc. It will be interesting watching them grow to maturity. :mrgreen:
By WORMSS
yes :D i read ur very impressive list on ur website from what they was pollinated from :D

and thank you for ur help with the medium question, hopfully I can atleast explain enough to the people there to actually get what I am after :D
By italo.americano
Anrich,

I have also ordered from Steve and he is a great guy to deal with!

If you take a look at our nursery website ratings, you will see that Steve is at the top of the list.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/carnivorous- ... sites.html

Giovanni
By linton
If you live in the USA, get behind Steve and buy some plants from him, they are healthy, well cared for, and a good size - plus if you have any questions on your new plants, you know that help is only an email away.
By Adam
I can't wait to see what types I get from that batch.. Thanks to Steve I now have a seed sprouting with red leaves! Does this happen often?

Adam

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!