FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By cryostasis
STARKLE G

Japan-made insecticide that is very highly recommended by expert succulent growers for combatting mealy bugs, aphids, and other pests.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
PROPERTIES
Starkle G affects the central nervous system of insects resulting in paralysis, failure to feed and death.
• Starkle G is a root-uptake (systemic) insecticide manufactured by Mitsui Chemicals, Japan. The application can be made by dibbling it into the bottom of the planting hole or incorporating into the planting soil.
• Starkle G is a magenta-colored insecticide, coated with dinotefuran, a third Generation chemical in the neo-nicotinoid group, a chemical mostly found in tobacco. This product has low toxicity to humans, mammals, birds, fishes and the environment.
• Starkle G is a root-uptake (systemic) insecticide which makes it most suitable at killing insects hidden in plants and underground.
• Starkle G is efficient in controlling insects for 30-45 days. It can protect crops from insects such as cotton leafhoppers, aphids, mealy bugs, leaf miners and from underground pests such as ants, termites, ground beetles, subterranean ants, etc.
• Starkle G shows excellent efficacy against sucking insects which are carriers of diseases such as tobacco mosaic virus, okra yellow vein virus, tomato mosaic virus, cucumber mosaic virus, papaya ring spot virus, sugar cane mosaic virus, maize chlorotic mottle virus, etc.
• Starkle G is suitable for vegetables, especially vegetables for export, flowering and ornamental plants.

Directions and Rate of Use :

Apply Starkle G at 2 g. per planting hole or per plant.
• Starkle G can be dibbled into the bottom of the planting hole or pots at time of transplanted from planting pot or nursery.
• Starkle G can be applied together with seeds at planting time.
• Starkle G can be scattered around the plant’s base after planting.

Anyone also use this on their plants? Based on my research its ingredients is nicotine. Been using it but really not sure if it can also kills aphids and spider mites. Hope someone is also using it here.ImageImage

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

By Taricha_granulosa
Starkle G 's active ingredient is Dinotefuran and listed clearly on it's EPA label is the warning

This compound is toxic to honey bees. The persistence of residues and potential residual toxicity of Dinotefuran in nectar and pollen suggest the possibility of chronic risk to honey bee larvae and the eventual instability of the hive.
"

For this reason, some states (I know Oregon for sure) have restricted its use outdoors. It can be used indoors, where bees are unlikely to access the plants.

the label can be found here: https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_se ... 110627.pdf

The full EPA report including the results of toxicity tests on mammals, some fish, and invertebrates for Dinotefuran can be found here: https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_se ... Sep-04.pdf

i have been on this forum for less than 5 minutes and immediately found something I can help with. Pretty cool. :D
Matt liked this
By cryostasis
Taricha_granulosa wrote:Starkle G 's active ingredient is Dinotefuran and listed clearly on it's EPA label is the warning

This compound is toxic to honey bees. The persistence of residues and potential residual toxicity of Dinotefuran in nectar and pollen suggest the possibility of chronic risk to honey bee larvae and the eventual instability of the hive.
"

For this reason, some states (I know Oregon for sure) have restricted its use outdoors. It can be used indoors, where bees are unlikely to access the plants.

the label can be found here: https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_se ... 110627.pdf

The full EPA report including the results of toxicity tests on mammals, some fish, and invertebrates for Dinotefuran can be found here: https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_se ... Sep-04.pdf

i have been on this forum for less than 5 minutes and immediately found something I can help with. Pretty cool. :D
Been using it but mostly indoors for cps. Might use it outside for termite control we dont get too many honey bees outside anymore.

Sent from my BISON using Tapatalk

Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!