FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By OR1ON
Hi everybody! thought I'd stop by and say hello again and give an update on my plants. Everything's going great so far just had a re-potting session a couple weeks ago. Was able to get a few divisions of an Akai Ryu, B-52, Jaws, FTS Dente, lotsa pink venus, Red Piranhas, some typicals and red typicals also. We'll, enough with the chatting, here are the pics!

First up, My first VFT ever(besides the very first one way long ago which I never knew how to take care of)
Has quite a bit of divisions and sending up some flower stalks

Akai Ryu,

Green Dragon,

Red Piranha,

FTS Shogun Star,

FTS Etna (formerly known as FTS Big Traps)

Big Mouth having a feast at the moment,

B-52

FTS Dente waking up,

One of my fav's, Jaws!

Maroon Monster,

Nice Red typical,

Korean Melody Shark,

Weird three sided trap on KMS,

Typicals/Red typicals,

Trough i started out with some divisions i separated,

Droseras,

Annnd, heres my whole collection... so far :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoyed!
OR1ON, OR1ON liked this
By Chhewy
Beautiful plants you have there. What size pots are you using to pot them in?
By Daniel_G
Looking good OR1ON! Nice to see you again too!

I really envy that Flytrap collection, you have a fair few, and all look great! Good trough too!
Well done!
By swat007j
just wondering to you collect rain water? or buy distilled water probably both right? I live in L.A what would be the best way to collect rain water?
By stitz25b
is it me or does he green dragon have a ton of buds on the flower stalk?
By Matt
Glad you stopped in to give us an update and say hello Omar!

Your collection looks great. It's a great time of year, huh? Watching all of the plants rouse from their dormancy and make those first few big traps of the season...awesome!
Matt liked this
By Gothic TRAPS
Looking good OR1ON :P! Your collection always amazes me among the few I follow on these forums. Nice growing ;)!
By OR1ON
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Glad to know you all like my progress. It takes some dedication especially having many of them to take care of I can't even imagine how Matt an Steve do it!!!

As far as the size pots I use, it all depends on my plans for the plant I guess. For my more favorite, better looking plants I like to use a 6"x5"pot so they have plenty of room to grow and divide. For my younger plants I use 3.5"x3.5" pots since they don't need much room. I also use 4.25"x5" pots for regular size traps. These pots I really like because they're pretty deep but aren't too wide. As far as water, I buy reverse osmosis water for like 25¢ a gallon. I live in L.A. so it kinda hardly rains. We did have a storm last week and I was able to get a tub full of rain water. I just set the tub out and it filled right up. That flower stalk does have a bunch of buds I barely noticed. It's like a flower stalk on steroids lol. I was thinking of cutting it though but now I'm not sure. I am letting a couple other plants flower we'll see how that goes. I love this time of year. Seeing the plants start to suddenly grow is pretty amazing. Thanks again everyone!

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!